LSi-M705 power

joecoulson
joecoulson Posts: 4,943
I have a NAD 2400 with Denon HT am being used as a pre right now. Big fan of older equipment (because I’m cheap and can get older gear for fractions of newer)
What are you guys powering your 705’s with ? And any of you really juicing 250w into them like they are rated for?

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I'm powering mine with 20wpc.
  • shs
    shs Posts: 105
    I have 800wpc, using D-Sonic amps. I am sure I never use anything close to that, but it is nice to know that there is no possibility of clipping.
    SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, Oppo UDP 203, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Velodyne DD15 Subwoofer.
  • joecoulson
    edited June 2018
    Dadam. 800wpc. Crazy.
    The NAD seems to be just enough to get them to their max
    They are beautiful speakers though.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Forget the watts, you want amperes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I'm using an Aragon 8008x3 with mine. That said, with any bass heavy music, I think the mid-woofer will reach it limits before you come anywhere close to pumping 250 watts into them. It's crossed over too low IMHO.
  • ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    My Parasound A21 is rated at 250 watts RMS x2 at 8 ohms, 60 amp peak pc.
    I know my 705's sounds better w/the A21 than through my Yamaha RX A3020 claimed 150wpc. They are big speakers..
  • joecoulson
    DaveHo wrote: »
    I'm using an Aragon 8008x3 with mine. That said, with any bass heavy music, I think the mid-woofer will reach it limits before you come anywhere close to pumping 250 watts into them. It's crossed over too low IMHO.
    Agree completely
    My NAD pushes that woofer to excursion limits before any of the others
    But that’s at stupid levels.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Dang y’all listen loud. I never see the drivers of my 705s move more than just a tiny bit with music. Of course my amp is only 110wpc but still it rocks out.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • joecoulson
    Lol
    Yes I do enjoy ref levels+
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    RSIIb were rockin' tonight!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Dang y’all listen loud. I never see the drivers of my 705s move more than just a tiny bit with music. Of course my amp is only 110wpc but still it rocks out.

Yes I do, look at my sig "When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down". They never figured that one reason I turn it up is so I don't have to hear them.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    edited June 2018
    I go between an Adcom GFA 555-ii (200wpc) and a Yaqin Mc10-t (40wpc).
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • joecoulson
    mrloren wrote: »

Yes I do, look at my sig "When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down". They never figured that one reason I turn it up is so I don't have to hear them.
    Strange how that works
    I am forever getting in trouble with my kids to
    For having it too loud. What gives. Does it skip a generation ?