US Open 2018

polrbehr
polrbehr Posts: 2,825
Anyone here who follows golf? I usually enjoy watching the majors on TV every year,
but I am baffled by whoever thought it was a good idea to hold this in Southampton,
the traffic bottlenecks are unreal.
It should be interesting though, most of this field have never played here before
this week. Last time it was at Shinnecock Hills was 2004, and many of today's top players weren't playing professional golf yet.
So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Yeah, who thought of holding the US Open at a fantastic golf course, what a horrible idea lol
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    look forward to the weekend.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    LOL total meltdown by Woods today, course was rough in the rest of the field as well...
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Highest average score of any Open I believe.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    The big three-some draw of Spieth, McIlroy, and Mickelson sure did fall flat. Doubtful they will make the cut, which will affect ratings over the weekend.

DJ off to a good start, and fresh off a win last week. My money would be on him.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Between those guys and Tiger not making the cut the ratings are screwed this weekend
  • jdjohn
    USGA putting some serious teeth into the setup this year. Of course they can't control the weather, but it was blowing like a mo-fo today from what I saw.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    I can’t take an outdoor sports seriously if the weather has to be perfect.

Just saying.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    BTW. I am rooting for USA in this FIFA.
  • jdjohn
    Stay on topic :D ! The weather doesn't have to be perfect. They all play under the same conditions on the same golf course, and have to adapt/adjust. Whoever does that the best, wins.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    I like to play golf, but usually tune into tournaments as a backdrop to my afternoon nap. Maybe it's all that quiet talking by the announcers ....
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Scores should be much lower today, it's pretty overcast and almost no wind compared
    to yesterday.
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Stay on topic :D ! The weather doesn't have to be perfect. They all play under the same conditions on the same golf course, and have to adapt/adjust. Whoever does that the best, wins.
    At least they learned their lesson after 2004, that Open was a joke and totally unfair
    to a lot of the players.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/