Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    edited June 2018

Ima not evah gunna put mai commint ovar teh quoat! :p
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Their is good reason two have a grammer cop arround.

Must defenutlee. Althoe I didn’t thought it wuz mee.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Viking64 wrote: »
    And yet he can’t handle the simple courteous decorum everyone else uses across the Internet of posting BELOW THE POST HE QUOTED!!!!!

Are you referring to me?

I was but I appear to have the wrong person I believe, so my apologies.

I’m editing my post to remove it.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Viking64

That's cool. I find it almost as annoying as most people here, so I was confused for a bit. :p
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

That's cool. I find it almost as annoying as most people here, so I was confused for a bit. :p

:blush:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2018
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I seen Viking64 correct lots of grammar here on CP.

I try to spell check my posts just to TRY and make things proper. There, they're and their was my first lesson I believe. I never forgot it, but I might, at my age slip now and again! :D

But my sentence structures sure are terrible by what the grammer correct points out in the numbers. I'd have to pay to see or correct my sentence and paragraph structures, so there will be issues for the remainder I guess. :#

But grammar/spell checkers are only trying to help us improve. That's all. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    Tony M wrote: »

But grammar/spell checkers are only trying to help us improve. That's all. :D

You know, Tony. You are so correct. Most people can laugh at themselves when they make a simple mistake. Others go on the defensive and get all uptight. It's usually those people that like to find fault with others most of the time. :p
  • mlistens03
    edited June 2018
    Usually I can spell pretty well, and if I don’t know a word, I tend to Google it beforehand I post or comment or turn in a assignment etc. what really gets me is my spellchecker. I type really stinkin’ fast on my tablet, and Siri just doesn’t know what to do sometimes, so she decides to add to and remove from words, or on occasion try to say something not nice. It’s really annoying.
    Edit: Siri is at it again! Replaced before with beforehand. :confused: I don’t understand her sometimes.
  • Tony M
    edited June 2018
    I think my dad told me to admit and acknowledge my mistakes. There's nothing wrong with making mistakes he said...as long as I learn from them and try not to repeat them.

Measure twice, cut once kind of thing.

I noticed 3 mistakes in my post above after I posted it. I even misspelled "There"...LOL.

I'm thinking I need a new keyboard. I swear I hit keys, but the letters or words don't get printed on the screen sometimes... :s:D

My grammar check says I have (3) and (1) things wrong in this post. LOL.
  • Tony M
    Back to pictures... :)
    this is hooked up to the tritons now. 40 years old and sounds awesome to me still.
    20dtitruq5u4.png
  • Viking64
    Okay. :p

w562f5lm9y1f.jpg

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    this is hooked up to the tritons now. 40 years old and sounds awesome to me still.
    20dtitruq5u4.png

I suggest 2 things Tony: turn off the "soft clipping" feature and see if you can place a 2400PE (or higher) in the 2155's stead.

Not that the 2155 is any slouch, but the extra current and headroom afforded by the PE series can make you step back and say "wow".

In either case, no "soft clipping".
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    d1v4kylv6hib.jpg

Sunset in Puerto Vallarta this evening. Gorgeous....
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Hike those pants up a little higher, gramps!
  • Tony M
    You see the elderly lady behind the wheel? :s:D
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Your fancy high end cables make me jealous.
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg
    The one all the way to the right is for my TT, so I don’t get a choice on not using a dirty cable. I have several I would rather use, but I can’t.

Buy some new ones
  • mlistens03
    Willow wrote: »
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg
    The one all the way to the right is for my TT, so I don’t get a choice on not using a dirty cable. I have several I would rather use, but I can’t.

Buy some new ones

With what money? There is the problem. For me it is better to put my money towards a new pair of speakers, or new electronics, or upgrading what I already have, because TBH, my system is (relatively speaking) low end.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    20dtitruq5u4.png

I always liked that generation of NAD components (FWIW).
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg

Buy some new ones

With what money? There is the problem. For me it is better to put my money towards a new pair of speakers, or new electronics, or upgrading what I already have, because TBH, my system is (relatively speaking) low end.

I get it. Let me see what I have lying around....
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg

Buy some new ones

Agreed, those don't even classify as cables.....I used to tie up my tomato plants with those. You don't have to spend a lot of money for decent cables. Maybe once you realize cables are a part of your system just like a CDP/PRE/AMP, or any other piece of gear, you'll understand the bigger picture.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    tonyb wrote: »
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg

Buy some new ones

Agreed, those don't even classify as cables.....I used to tie up my tomato plants with those...

Well, yeah -- oxidation would be a big issue for 'mater management with lower quality cables. ;)

• mhardy6647
    It's June 14th; Flag Day in the US.

w7gm12enhqls.png
  • Tony M
    wjbgciham8um.png
  • Viking64
    Clipdat wrote: »

NICE! Now if we can just get someone to fix the suspension on that Chevy truck, we would have a perfect time capsule. :p
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    edited June 2018
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Haha, I think it's on adjustable air suspension where you can raise/lower it at will.
    NICE! Now if we can just get someone to fix the suspension on that Chevy truck, we would have a perfect time capsule. :p

• mlistens03
    tonyb wrote: »
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg

Buy some new ones

Agreed, those don't even classify as cables.....I used to tie up my tomato plants with those. You don't have to spend a lot of money for decent cables. Maybe once you realize cables are a part of your system just like a CDP/PRE/AMP, or any other piece of gear, you'll understand the bigger picture.

I know that I don’t, and I know that they do make a difference, but at my price point, I will get more value if I put the money I could put towards cables towards amps, TTs, CDPs, etc. I do plan to get better cables, but if I do it will probably be bottom tier AudioQuest, with Blue Jeans speaker cables (unless AudioQuest sells just bare wire, because I need about 10 feet for my left speaker).