Vintage Polk Family Portrait.

2»

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,094
    edited May 13
    I was watching Craigs list off and on and last night I see this person listing those Rotel items and I kind-of saw his ads minutes after they were posted . So I had a good shot at being the first to respond but I thought the prices were high on a lot of the pieces and speakers too. They are selling a pr. of Pinnacle BIG BOYs. Man I'd like to have them but they want like 750.00. I can buy a set of Infinity or Polk Big boys for similar or a little more of course.

I'm glad I asked this forum for advice on the big Rotel AMP.

As far as first dibs in deals of the day thread, I think we ought to allow somebody else get a chance to come where we have already been. I'm about out of space since I bought that Church's sound system. Man are they, BIG speakers! Look at this ONE sub again on a dolly and then on top of another;
    mnjvjx79zqot.jpg
    o6dzr1iz23vo.jpg

and the upper 15" full range speakers; These 6 uppers also have horn tweeters. ;)
    sktg812w6slg.jpg
    and then 12" upper full rangers to finish the set;
    ttnjfcfuj52y.jpg

I really need to get this set-up in the back room somehow! :p

I think I WON something when this set was put into my hands for 100.00. o:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,352
    Tony M wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Do it Tony! Show her who's man of the house :p

That task would def. have to be done out there in the cottage. That's where the collection( :D ) is anyway. My house couldn't hold all the stereos and speakers + the furniture in here at the same time. Not even a small chance.

So anything I do out there is out of her sight for the most part. :)

That’s my basement! She rarely goes down there so for me it’s all man cave! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    My wife came home today while my friend and I were out in the cottage.

She came in to see who owned the van and to mainly let me know she was home. ;)

She came in and turned her back on the Tritons. Talked to us for a while, while the Tritons were playing behind her too. :o When she left, she just turned right and walked out. She never saw them! .. PHEW!
    bodx618wg40z.png
  • ManticoreManticore Posts: 286
    Oh Tony M Believe you me she saw them!!! She is just doing what other brides do...
    giving you a pass and ignoring them... for now! Don't celebrate to soon, your either in knee deep or up to your neck ;)
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound HCA 1500A amplifier
    Adcom GFA 555 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    NAD pp 4 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk RTiA 7's
    Polk CSi A6
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,848
    Manticore wrote: »
    Oh Tony M Believe you me she saw them!!! She is just doing what other brides do...
    giving you a pass and ignoring them... for now! Don't celebrate to soon, your either in knee deep or up to your neck ;)

Card to be played later......
    ALL CLEAR... B)
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 662
    Well, he is still posting. Or is it Tony's wife posting so we dont become suspicious??? ;)
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,725
    He's got so many speakers in his collection, that it would have been impossible for her to know which pair was hooked up and playing.

Strength in numbers.
    CH46E wrote: »
    Well, he is still posting. Or is it Tony's wife posting so we dont become suspicious??? ;)

Got Dayens?
    edited May 30
    You guys are FUNNY! You're making me smile, for real. :D B)

The ones being all black cloth, they were pretty much camouflaged in front of the upper wall of book self speakers. The speakers are placed further back from what this picture shows. It's like they're in the shadows being a shadow. :D I need a new camera. My lens is scratched. I have a new kodak one somewhere. :#

gswrcc3y6gbi.jpg
    xmwflb3p42pr.jpg
    6zr4hv0dg79p.jpg

Post edited by Tony M on
    edited May 30
    What do you think of the JBL HLS?? You have in there?
    And are thoes RT35 and RT55's in there?
  • ManticoreManticore Posts: 286
    Our brides are like shadows but, remember "The Shadow Knows".
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound HCA 1500A amplifier
    Adcom GFA 555 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    NAD pp 4 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk RTiA 7's
    Polk CSi A6
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
    edited May 30
    What do you think of the JBL HLS?? You have in there?
    And are thoes RT35 and RT55's in there?

The JBL HLS series are VERY NICE! They're similar to Polk's RT series but a little brighter. At my age, 60, the brightness helps me but might hurt a younger ear, maybe not.

There is some RT35's. ;) But the other Polks are RT3000P's upper speakers. They're a little smaller than the 55's. I have some 55's above that door though. (Thank you Jessie! @F1nut )
    23mfov09smqi.png
    edited May 30
    There are some JBL SVA 1800s for sale locally ive been eyeballing. Also see many HLS. My wife guerenteed will see another set if i tried to sneak them in. No doubts! :'(

I also had RT35s and 55s. I do regret letting the 55s go. Traded them for a protien skimmer for my fish tank.
    There are some JBL SVA 1800s for sale locally ive been eyeballing. Also see many HLS. My wife guerenteed will see another set if i tried to sneak them in. No doubts! :'(

I also had RT35s and 55s. I do regret letting the 55s go. Traded them for a protien skimmer for my fish tank.

I don't understand if your wife will approve of or not, if you get another pair of speakers.

I regretted selling a set of 55's also. But they came right back..LOL. :) :D B)

Then thanks to another member and others on a road trip took a side road to meet me one night to allow me to get the Rosewood finish to match my RT3000P towers. Plus, he added fantastic stands too! We met in one spooky middle of nowhere gas station.It was new and well lit, but man was it dark all around us! I'll never forget it.
    Deff not approve!

Yeah. Just like when I ask her "are those a new pair of shoes?" :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    verb wrote: »

Thats not the same thing though! :D
    verb wrote: »

Thats not the same thing though! :D

Never the same! It's always our fault! :smile:
  • AdamSDCAAdamSDCA Posts: 16
    yny2qaflfg2r.jpeg
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,725
    Nice house!
    Got Dayens?
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,622
    AdamSDCA wrote: »
    yny2qaflfg2r.jpeg

I have to 2Bs still (upgraded crossovers and tweets) and had some of those Monitor 5s as well. Sold them to a nice guy on Craigslist for a good price, had some older Monitor 5s before that and loved them.

I do like the non studio 2Bs looks but always loved the black on black of the studio version.
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Adcom GFA-545
    TT: Pioneer PL510
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' 4K

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Grado SE80
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Polk RTA11TL
    Polk TSI200s
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7
    Yamaha AV-34

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,622
    3djwhgs1zl86.jpg

All my other Polks are spending time helping someone else enjoy good tunes. I'll get em back...someday.
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Adcom GFA-545
    TT: Pioneer PL510
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' 4K

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Grado SE80
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Polk RTA11TL
    Polk TSI200s
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7
    Yamaha AV-34

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
  • mn_polk_guymn_polk_guy Posts: 59
    edited August 5
    xhu225atwdj2.jpg

Got most of em together here.... Couldn't fit* my other pair of 10s with silver face tweeters.
    Monitor 4.6, 5jr, 5, 7, 10, 11. RTA 8TL. RTA 11T. SDA 2B.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,818
    edited August 5
    Nice collection, all you need is a big ol tomcat on top of that perch overlooking everything. :D

The portrait on the left doesn't have the same effect on me.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • mn_polk_guymn_polk_guy Posts: 59
    My girlfriend painted that. He does get up there no matter how hard I try to keep them off! At least they dont claw my grills up!
    Monitor 4.6, 5jr, 5, 7, 10, 11. RTA 8TL. RTA 11T. SDA 2B.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,818
    edited August 5
    My girlfriend painted that. He does get up there no matter how hard I try to keep them off! At least they dont claw my grills up!

Knock on wood. :#

By the way that's a nice portrait done by your gal, I resemble that look when I'm playing poker.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
2»