Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,348
    edited June 13
    The output signal of a phono cartridge (ca. millivolt level in the case of most MM and MI cartridges; ca. 100 microvolt levels for most LOMCs) is delicate. Avoiding unnecessary connections (i.e., "RCA plugs" in lieu of hard-wired cables) is, still, IMO, a best practice.

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,792
    isbvw5t0pmua.jpg
    I seen that someplace.
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,681
    I seen Viking64 correct lots of grammar here on CP.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,405
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

He is known as the “grammar cop” around these parts. :tongue:
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    Their is good reason two have a grammer cop arround.

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,732
    edited June 13
    Posted in error
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    edited June 13

Ima not evah gunna put mai commint ovar teh quoat! :p
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Their is good reason two have a grammer cop arround.

Must defenutlee. Althoe I didn’t thought it wuz mee.
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables

Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    Viking64 wrote: »
    And yet he can’t handle the simple courteous decorum everyone else uses across the Internet of posting BELOW THE POST HE QUOTED!!!!!

Are you referring to me?

I was but I appear to have the wrong person I believe, so my apologies.

I’m editing my post to remove it.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

That's cool. I find it almost as annoying as most people here, so I was confused for a bit. :p
    Viking64 wrote: »

That's cool. I find it almost as annoying as most people here, so I was confused for a bit. :p

:blush:
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,574
    edited June 13
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

I try to spell check my posts just to TRY and make things proper. There, they're and their was my first lesson I believe. I never forgot it, but I might, at my age slip now and again! :D

But my sentence structures sure are terrible by what the grammer correct points out in the numbers. I'd have to pay to see or correct my sentence and paragraph structures, so there will be issues for the remainder I guess. :#

But grammar/spell checkers are only trying to help us improve. That's all. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Tony M wrote: »

But grammar/spell checkers are only trying to help us improve. That's all. :D

You know, Tony. You are so correct. Most people can laugh at themselves when they make a simple mistake. Others go on the defensive and get all uptight. It's usually those people that like to find fault with others most of the time. :p
    edited June 13
    Usually I can spell pretty well, and if I don’t know a word, I tend to Google it beforehand I post or comment or turn in a assignment etc. what really gets me is my spellchecker. I type really stinkin’ fast on my tablet, and Siri just doesn’t know what to do sometimes, so she decides to add to and remove from words, or on occasion try to say something not nice. It’s really annoying.
    Edit: Siri is at it again! Replaced before with beforehand. :confused: I don’t understand her sometimes.
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

edited June 13
    I think my dad told me to admit and acknowledge my mistakes. There's nothing wrong with making mistakes he said...as long as I learn from them and try not to repeat them.

Measure twice, cut once kind of thing.

I noticed 3 mistakes in my post above after I posted it. I even misspelled "There"...LOL.

I'm thinking I need a new keyboard. I swear I hit keys, but the letters or words don't get printed on the screen sometimes... :s :D

My grammar check says I have (3) and (1) things wrong in this post. LOL.
    Back to pictures... :)
    this is hooked up to the tritons now. 40 years old and sounds awesome to me still.
    20dtitruq5u4.png
    Okay. :p

w562f5lm9y1f.jpg

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,521
    this is hooked up to the tritons now. 40 years old and sounds awesome to me still.
    20dtitruq5u4.png

I suggest 2 things Tony: turn off the "soft clipping" feature and see if you can place a 2400PE (or higher) in the 2155's stead.

Not that the 2155 is any slouch, but the extra current and headroom afforded by the PE series can make you step back and say "wow".

In either case, no "soft clipping".
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,007
    d1v4kylv6hib.jpg

Sunset in Puerto Vallarta this evening. Gorgeous....
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    x0zp37feg91p.jpg
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,206
    Hike those pants up a little higher, gramps!
    Got Dayens?
    You see the elderly lady behind the wheel? :s :D
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,992
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Your fancy high end cables make me jealous.
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg
    The one all the way to the right is for my TT, so I don’t get a choice on not using a dirty cable. I have several I would rather use, but I can’t.

Buy some new ones
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android Mi Box3. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Willow wrote: »
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg
    The one all the way to the right is for my TT, so I don’t get a choice on not using a dirty cable. I have several I would rather use, but I can’t.

Buy some new ones

With what money? There is the problem. For me it is better to put my money towards a new pair of speakers, or new electronics, or upgrading what I already have, because TBH, my system is (relatively speaking) low end.
    2 channel

Pc gaming setup

20dtitruq5u4.png

I always liked that generation of NAD components (FWIW).

• WillowWillow Posts: 8,992
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg

Buy some new ones

With what money? There is the problem. For me it is better to put my money towards a new pair of speakers, or new electronics, or upgrading what I already have, because TBH, my system is (relatively speaking) low end.

I get it. Let me see what I have lying around....
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android Mi Box3. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• tonybtonyb Posts: 29,304
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg

Buy some new ones

Agreed, those don't even classify as cables.....I used to tie up my tomato plants with those. You don't have to spend a lot of money for decent cables. Maybe once you realize cables are a part of your system just like a CDP/PRE/AMP, or any other piece of gear, you'll understand the bigger picture.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
    tonyb wrote: »
    I’m stuck with these:
    yj4muvp6ssc7.jpg

Buy some new ones

Agreed, those don't even classify as cables.....I used to tie up my tomato plants with those...

Well, yeah -- oxidation would be a big issue for 'mater management with lower quality cables. ;)

It's June 14th; Flag Day in the US.

w7gm12enhqls.png