Finally, my entrance into the vinyl rabbit hole!

124»

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,623
    dromunds wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    That little dynamic stabilizer brush thing that Don, ahem, says doesn't exist ;) B) is a neat little design. (just ribbin' ya Don! that was a great gesture!)

When my brain goes dead it goes dead. Lol. I was picturing the V15s in my puny mind for some unknown reason. Plus, technically it’s not a “brush”

Umm, some "generations" of the venerable V15 from Shure had a brush, it will be recalled

B)

d1wsucw7vmc5.png

92cna348tih2.png

... as did Pickering's V-15s :p

y3ni9xwefqb1.png

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 986
    edited June 11
    If it wasn’t for the V on the 2nd cart, I would probably think that is a M97xE.
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,440
    halo wrote: »
    How long before you have to clean the brush included on the Shure cart?

There is always some sort of carpet fiber strand or fuzz on it after playing an album.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.

Political memes posted as fact and accepted as fact, are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

We use to lock up the mental cases to protect the children. Now we lock the children up to protect them from the mental cases.

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 986
    halo wrote: »
    How long before you have to clean the brush included on the Shure cart?

There is always some sort of carpet fiber strand or fuzz on it after playing an album.

I use the brush on the stylus after every record. I also use the record brush on every record before playing it.
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,440
    edited June 11
    ^^so do I, can't get them all, and if you play with the lid up and move about the room you are bound to stir something up, or there would be no need for stylus or record brushes.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.

Political memes posted as fact and accepted as fact, are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

We use to lock up the mental cases to protect the children. Now we lock the children up to protect them from the mental cases.

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 6,953
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Umm, some "generations" of the venerable V15 from Shure had a brush, it will be recalled

Ha ha, good catch but only Type III around here which of course were sans “brush.” Went through a bunch of them in the day. Actually, I have a Type IV in storage with a broken tip but I didn’t recall it having a “brush”. Now I’ll have to pull it out to check. Never used the “brush” on the IV if, in fact, the brush is still intact. Really always preferred the III.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,623
    never owned a Shure V15; wouldn't have minded trying one but they were too 'spensive back when -- and now they're gone. :|
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 6,953
    They're not "gone," but usually the stylus is shot when you find them - seems like the last time I did it I got a JICO SAS stylus (which have gotten super expensive) - or a guy could otherwise re-tip (NOT talking about most of the aftermarket styluses which stink.) The cart bodies are around. Sometimes you even find them on cheap Craiglist TT's, etc. The V15's match up real well with certain TT's especially, Dual 1229 and various Technics come to mind. One of my first, if not my first TT was a Garrard Zero 100C and I put a Type III on that IIRC, anyway a long relationship with that iteration followed. As far as the M97xE, Michael Fremer wrote a while back about a JICO SAS stylus giving the M97xE a "shot of adrenalin."
124»