How much would pay for an Oppo 203 that was a dealer demo?

Dealer says its the last one.
HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5

Comments

• GospelTruth
    GospelTruth Posts: 403
    It's whatever it's worth to you. I know that ebay has jacked prices for these now that they are no longer "in production".

I would sign up to see if they get any more in. Register at the site below. You'll get an email letting you know you registered and then another email when they get some supplies in. You'll need to act on it when you get the email to order one and you will only be able to order a quantity of one. Price will be $549 + shipping.

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/blu-ray-udp-203-Support.aspx

Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • LeftCoast
    LeftCoast Posts: 406
    It's not like me, but I totally procrastinated on getting one.

What do you think the odds are that they will actually make more units to sell?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Just register, and if they make more then buy it.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • LeftCoast
    LeftCoast Posts: 406
    edited June 2018
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Just register, and if they make more then buy it.

Obviously.

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I'm not sure, it's not like it's the last Blu ray player thats 4k HDR and Dolby Vision thats going to be made. Someone else I'm sure is going to step up and make a killer Oppo Like player. Maybe Pioneer Elite will get back into the game and release a serious player. Or Maybe Denon or Marantz, they use to make awesome players.
    Sony isn't out of the race yet. The last offering of the X800 and X1000es where nice players.
    I'm on the list for the 203 and 205 if Oppo releases more of them. There is plenty of demand for these players and I'm still a bit shocked that Oppo couldn't figure out a way to keep making them.
    As far as value goes, I'm not willing to pay more then full retail. I'll wait for the next player on the market. Panasonic isn't looking that bad.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • GospelTruth
    LeftCoast wrote: »

I signed up and a week later got a notification in my email with a link to purchase. If you do sign up, keep on top of your emails as I don't know how long you will have once you receive the link to purchase.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Gospel, did you order a 203? I haven't heard anybody that ordered a 205 getting any emails like that, just wondering....
  • GospelTruth
    I ordered a 203. Should have been a little more explicit on that one.
    Speakers
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
  • mantis
    LeftCoast wrote: »

I signed up and a week later got a notification in my email with a link to purchase. If you do sign up, keep on top of your emails as I don't know how long you will have once you receive the link to purchase.
    Did you get one? I didn't get an email yet. DAMN!!!!

Dan
  • mantis
    I ordered a 203. Should have been a little more explicit on that one.

Just saw this, was it regular retail price?
    Dan
  • GospelTruth
    Yes, it was the retail price (for the 203) of $549 for the player + $18 shipping. They didn't increase the price point or anything.

When/if you get the link, it will only let you order one and it's a special order page for your given access code.
    Speakers
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
  • mantis
    Thanks man, I check my emails many times a day. I didn't get one yet :'(
    Dan
  • BlueFox
    edited June 2018
    This thread is really making me feel good that I jumped right away and got my second 203. Good luck to everyone.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • GospelTruth
    I had an OPPO dvd player before and loved it. I skipped their bluray players as I had a Playstation 3 at the time and figured I'd wait until the 4k players hit.

I was on the fence about getting one. I kept going back and forth with with regards to the 203 when OPPO announced they were leaving the market. Each day I would go to the site and see if they were still available. When I went to the site one morning they were no longer available. Upon seeing this, I regretted not getting one and immediately signed up in case they got more inventory. I got the email a week later and pulled the trigger. Glad I got it.
    Speakers
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
  • mantis
    This thread is really making me feel good that I jumped right away and got my second 203. Good luck to everyone.
    WHAT?? You got 2 of them? Your gonna let a brother suffer by buying a stupid Sony X700 Dolby Vision player because there is nothing else on the market worthy of buying?
    What exactly are you doing with the second player?
    Dan
  • mantis
    I had an OPPO dvd player before and loved it. I skipped their bluray players as I had a Playstation 3 at the time and figured I'd wait until the 4k players hit.

I was on the fence about getting one. I kept going back and forth with with regards to the 203 when OPPO announced they were leaving the market. Each day I would go to the site and see if they were still available. When I went to the site one morning they were no longer available. Upon seeing this, I regretted not getting one and immediately signed up in case they got more inventory. I got the email a week later and pulled the trigger. Glad I got it.

How is everyone getting emails and i didn't? Man I'm so jealous. I should have grabbed one of these months ago when I was considering going this 4k path. I'm mad at myself.
    Dan
  • BlueFox
    mantis wrote: »
    WHAT?? You got 2 of them? Your gonna let a brother suffer by buying a stupid Sony X700 Dolby Vision player because there is nothing else on the market worthy of buying?
    What exactly are you doing with the second player?

The original 203 from two years ago is on the 75" Z9D, and the new one is on the 65" XBR900F.

I originally bought the second one as a spare once I read they were going to stop making them. Then I thought I need a better casual TV than my 1998 32" Panasonic CRT since it didn't have an HDMI port for the BR player. That's when I bought the Sony 900F to go with the Oppo. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760

In my case, the link showed "in stock" for three days (inclusive of the day the email arrived) and on the fourth day it showed "out of stock".

I passed on it because I was looking at other, smaller form factor, lower priced, options to play movies in my guest bedrooms.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!