Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

13»

Comments

• halenhalen Posts: 342
    Been a huge fan of Bourdain and really enjoyed the man. May he be forgiven for taking his own life.
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,481
    edited June 9
    afterburnt wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Yeah none of us are perfect but most of us don't check out on our kids like that.

Joey, you don't know what I know.
    It's virtually guaranteed that members of this forum have lost someone to suicide. A mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, husband, wife, or friend... This kind of comment is hurtful and unnecessary, at least in my book.

And you too don't know what I know. Your assumption implies that I am not one of the above. Well I am on multiple counts.

Yeah hurtful. I respond to a rediculous comment that if one is not "perfect" then they should say nothing. Call it whst you want, it's "your" book.

All I assume is that everyone handles life differently. I can't claim to know what you know and I didn't. Fact is, some have lost, and maybe don't need to hear how they've been "abandoned." In the end, if that's the message you feel you need to express, then I guess that's what you're gonna do.

Heck, might as well leave this here while I'm at it: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,481
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,195
    edited June 11
    A real bummer here with Mr. Bourdain. I didn't follow his program closely, but liked it on the occasion I happened across it. Reading from what some others have posted here, I would have enjoyed seeing more, given the fan-cited perspective on his view on life and living, sad development notwithstanding.

Re: the forum response to this news, maybe I missed something somewhere in this thread, but if any of the comments on insensitivity and poor taste were directed to afterburnt, I didn't pick up any of his comments as being negative. From the onset I thought he simply alluded to another (valid) perspective for consideration, and didn't take his comments to be derogatory or critical. I did see a couple of others that were, which was a little disappointing. Just wanted to throw that out there. Seemed a bit of a misunderstanding the way I saw things play out later. My unsolicited 2¢.
    Post edited by msg on
13»