Solo....

FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,317
....hmmmm just watched it. I donno. Not bad, but a bit forced maybe. I'll have to watch again, later. Not BAD, but I can't say great either.

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,554
    You have to be a diehard SW fan to even begin to understand the story in this one. By that, you must have read the books, comics, watched that cartoons and sired a couple of fan-geek sites, especially at the end of the film....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,317
    And I AM, but still not completely on board with the film as a whole. This one is going to take some time, to reach a solid conclusion.
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,181
    edited June 11
    Saw it last night....not as formulaic (if thats a real word) than the other new movies and better than I expected. The Han Solo actor did a much better job than I expected. On a side note....Woody Harrelson is in too many movies.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,317
    The actor that portrayed Lando Calrisian (sp) nailed it. As if they found a young Billy D.

I think the biggest issue is there there were many characters introduced with lots of potential, but there's a severe lack of development for them to make sense in the story. Also, where does this fall, exactly, within the cannon timeline? Best I can tell, it's 5 or so years before "a new hope", but one of the last scenes alludes to closer to 15 years prior. It's a mess.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,623
    doesn't Llando have two "ells" in it? Llike Lloyd, and llama...

czth86dfappl.png

[no, actually it doesn't -- I checked -- but it's too good of a joke to waste, just because it's fallacious and misdirected and all...]
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,554
    And here I thought Solo’s first name was Hand...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,623
    edited June 11
    I believe you're thinking of Hand Jabba the Hutt.*

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)