Interest Check: SDA SRS 3.1TL and Dared SL2000a

trav0810
trav0810 Posts: 1,056
edited June 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I went to Axpona this year and fell in love with the Legacy speakers. I guess it's time to start selling off some stuff to build up the bank!

I have a really clean pair of 3.1's that have the RDO tweeters and the crossovers have been redone, but not to the "boutique" standards. They have all Solen caps.

The Dared came from this forum and had been recapped. It comes with a Brimar rectifier tube and a pair of Mullard and a pair of GE tubes.

I'm thinking around $1000 for the speakers and $350 for the Dared. (Plus actual shipping which would be about $15 priority mail flat rate box)
The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
Thorens TD320
Modified Carver C-1
Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
Post edited by trav0810 on

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Somebody grab that preamp.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • trav0810
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Location?

Central Indiana, 47362
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @scubalab

Dared....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    You killin me Travis
  • trav0810
    I just bought a new amp, Russ. But it's not on the chopping block yet. Van Alstine 600r

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I will give a shameless plug for Travis. These speakers spent some time at my place before ending up with Travis. They sound spectacular and are in great condition. Travis has sice upgraded the XO's. You will be hard pressed to find a nicer pair. The only reason they left my place is I got some 2.3TLs.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Hmmmm...

Thinking...
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Oh man I hope someone buys the Dared before I have the funds... Please someone, buy this now!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Well, now I’m really broke... I’ve read too many praises about the Dared from forum members to pass this up.

Temptation gone Micah!

And Dan... STOP TAGGING ME in these FS ads! B) Although I have been looking for a tubed pre and this should be a nice addition. On the positive side, I can ‘close’ my WTB thread...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    scubalab wrote: »
    And Dan... STOP TAGGING ME in these FS ads! B) Although I have been looking for a tubed pre and this should be a nice addition. On the positive side, I can ‘close’ my WTB thread...

I didn’t tag you in the music hall one lol.... I knew you were looking for this so hence the tag....

Next week.... I’m gonna tag you in ALL OF THEM

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • trav0810
    This has been SOLD!

Enjoy!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Both? Or just the pre?
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    trav0810 wrote: »
    This has been SOLD!

Enjoy!

Thank goodness. :tongue:
  • trav0810
    Just the Dared...the speakers are still around.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • trav0810
    If someone was really interested in the SDA's, I'd be willing to drive a couple hours to meet.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1