Apple Mac Mini

Bought less than three months agoish....

$471.42 shipped

Comments

• halen
    halen Posts: 675
    OBO closest to my asking price not zero.

Thanks
  • halen
    This is the newest mini from Apple guys/gals. $400 and it is yours.

Disclaimer: even though it is the newest model, it will take forever to boot up and load anything you want. It takes like a minute to open a web page and around five minutes to open JRiver.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Whoever buys this should do the simple upgrade to more RAM and an SSD, makes a hUGE difference in speed. It takes about half an hour to do both together and is well worth the money, especially given how inexpensive SSDs are now.
  • halen
    I guess I will dig out the solid state drive I got from you back when... and drop in and max out the ram. Was too lazy to do it.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Something is seriously wrong then. Even in stock configuration, an application should not take 5 minutes to open.
    halen wrote: »
    This is the newest mini from Apple guys/gals. $400 and it is yours.

Disclaimer: even though it is the newest model, it will take forever to boot up and load anything you want. It takes like a minute to open a web page and around five minutes to open JRiver.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Now that you mention it, I am kinda curious as to why it's running so slowly. Most recent OS installed? I wonder if it's that...

Re: spinning disks in Macs, years ago I bought the iDefrag application from Coriolis. It really helped in keeping things running nicely, even with an OWC SSD. Mixed perspectives on defragging SSDs. I notice an improvement in response, and it's definitely beneficial for spinning disks.

What will you be using it for now, Halen?
    I disabled signatures.