Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    Truly gone to parts unknown now.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    RIP, condolences to the family.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Yea..after hearing news about it,my first thought was that Man vs Food guy Adam Richman passed from a massive coronary..but Bourdain from a suicide?...That is a shocker..and sad..His show was very informative on the worlds many cultures..He will be missed...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I can't believe he was together in France with his friend Eric Ripert filming for the next episode when this happened. Imagine how devastating that was for everyone working with him to find him in his hotel room like that. Horrible.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited June 2018
    Never liked the guy personally. Had a certain air about him. Still, sorry to hear he thought claiming his own life was a solution for what troubled him.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited June 2018
    lol, classy move. Call the man a d-bag in his RIP thread.

How about instead you just don't post and keep your negative thoughts to yourself?
    tonyb wrote: »
    Never liked the guy personally. Had an air about him. Still, sorry to hear he thought claiming his own life was a solution for what troubled him.

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Agree with TB... May he RIP
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Clipdat wrote: »

How about instead you just don't post and keep your negative thoughts to yourself?
    Never liked the guy personally. Had an air of d-bagginess about him. Still, sorry to hear he thought claiming his own life was a solution for what troubled him.

Didn't know it was required to like everyone who bites the dust. Never wished ill will on the guy either.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    la2vegas wrote: »

Never liked the guy personally. Had an air of d-bagginess about him. Still, sorry to hear he thought claiming his own life was a solution for what troubled him.

Didn't know it was required to like everyone who bites the dust. Never wished ill will on the guy either.

It's not required to like everyone that croakes, just wait a few days to piss on their grave. Is it that too much to ask?

I have little respect for those that take the coward's way out... unless there was some underlying disease like CTE or other factor that was literally eating his brain. I have watched people, including my own mother, endure unthinkable pain and persevere. Suicide gets no sympathy from me, except for those he selfishly left behind to wonder why.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited June 2018

It's not required to like everyone that croakes, just wait a few days to piss on their grave. Is it that too much to ask?

I have little respect for those that take the coward's way out... unless there was some underlying disease like CTE or other factor that was literally eating his brain. I have watched people, including my own mother, endure unthinkable pain and persevere. Suicide gets no sympathy from me, except for those he selfishly left behind to wonder why.

What?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited June 2018
    F1Nut wrote:
    It's a shame that some of you think it's ok to thread crap a RIP thread. If you don’t like the subject matter don't read the thread.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    We have no idea what went on in his life, none of us has the right to cast stones.

Suicide or not, there was a reason he went to such measures - none of us should judge that.

RIP Mr. Bourdain, I enjoyed your travels and journey... what a sad day indeed.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    rooftop59 wrote: »

What?!?

"Conviction, it turns out, is a luxury made by those in the sidelines."
    - John Nash, A Beautiful Mind.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I think you can judge a man by the children he abandons
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2018
    He also said he would poison the President if he got the chance...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    John, kindly read the rules before posting.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Joey_V
    He also said he would poison the President if he got the chance...

The celebrity chef jokingly responded 'hemlock' - a poisonous plant
    (straight from the article)

Again, you don't know him personally. Just let him RIP rather than judge him. You don't live a life in the public eye, you might not be born with some of his shortcomings or propensity of addiction, etc.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Anthony's passing is a serious loss to society.

You DO NOT have to agree with everything someone says to enjoy their perspective. Some of the responses in this tread show that the art of intelligent debate and being a gentleman is clearly disappearing in America.

Anthony was talented and will be missed, dearly.

Heck, President that you're so fast to "defend" said that he was "very sad" to hear of Anthony's passing.

While I don't agree with suicide, I'm not about to trash someone for an action that was clearly made at a very low point and usually without a clear mind.

I understand if you don't agree with what happened. But there is a time to just keep your mouth shut and move on.

In case you can't figure it out, a RIP thread is one of them.
  • afterburnt
    I feel bad that Anthony offed himself but I feel worse for his 13 year old daughter that's all.
  • Upstatemax
    I feel bad that Anthony offed himself but I feel worse for his 13 year old daughter that's all.

I agree.

But trashing him in the process is cheap and petty.

The man is dead, what’s the point?
  • afterburnt
    edited June 2018
    Where I am from respect is earned.

re·spect
    rəˈspekt/Submit
    noun
    a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
  • Upstatemax

Just another thought, if this little girl was in front of you, would you still hurl insults at her deceased father?

Because some of you internet tough guys forget that this is not a private conversation.

• afterburnt
    Upstatemax wrote: »

Just another thought, if this little girl was in front of you, would you still hurl insults at her deceased father?

Because some of you internet tough guys forget that this is not a private conversation.

Ok I'll bite. What insults?
  • Upstatemax
    Where I am from respect is earned.

re·spect
    rəˈspekt/Submit
    noun
    a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

That place you claim to be from, also preaches about tact and picking up on social ques.
  • Upstatemax

You don’t think that was an insult?