Cool score part two

VR3VR3 Posts: 22,066
I have to stop trolling marketplaces

Original owner
Grills, crates, stands, manuals, everything. Need a good polish but otherwise... Dang

996bgtvqmqh0.jpg
Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Comments

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,395
    Ha! Didn't you JUST get those Def Tech's like....two weeks ago? Or has it even been that long? LOL.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,066
    Man Im always looking and flipping...

I had the LSiM703 for like 4 months lol... the computer rig is like a fun setup since I spend a lot of time here lol

Have to decide which I want to keep... just cant turn down a good deal! :p

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,856
    Sorry to be an idiot, but what are they?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Wilson Audio Cubb's.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
    Wilson Audio Cubs

Hey, that's not fair! you texted me that they were cubb's with 2 "B's". I tried to sound smart but failed miserably. Thanks Trey. *walks away with head down*

Tom

edited June 3
    Haha, they might have two b's, but maybe just one.

I like the Tioxid focal tweeter, it is also notable that this was the last user serviceable tweeter focal ever made, so in the event you need to repair, $100!

Every tweeter after that? Around $1k and shipping it to France, for the higher end stuff

• Tony MTony M Posts: 5,587
    NICE! B) B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,224
    They look cool.
    Got Dayens?
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,405
    Nice find!
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    thanks guys, all luck on my part. She even threw in a set of MIT speaker cables for good measure lol

These things near field are pretty impressive

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,226
    I think the only reason you need to ship the new tweeters to them is because they're beryllium and that's quite toxic stuff for people like you and meet him play with...
    The new stuff does not have a removable faceplate where as the Tioxid build did

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,224
    Sounds like an ex-wife unloading gear and not really knowing the true value of it?? Haha
    VR3 wrote: »
    thanks guys, all luck on my part. She even threw in a set of MIT speaker cables for good measure lol

These things near field are pretty impressive

Got Dayens?
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,114
    Nice score.

You could lay it down for one serious center channel... B)
    Nah, they sound better as a pair

Why in the ever living world would you want to....

Never mind.

Tom

They actually do sell them single for a center channel... I just don't need an 80 pound, 22 inch deep center channel. I don't live at the Biltmore haha

After listening to these for a bit, they are similar to the mezzo utopia in that their presentation is more of a performance versus a recreation, very entertaining speakers with a brilliant Soundstage. The mezzo utopia is the better speaker though to these ears