sidnei100
sidnei100 Posts: 10
edited June 2018 in Speakers
There’s anybody can help me need a pair of crossover re3606-1

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    What is the model of the speakers?

Why do you think you need new crossovers?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sidnei100
    LSi 25 both Crossover was burned out
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited June 2018
    Not sure what happened but yes i would call that burned out! any idea what part was their? I would guess a capacitor but I don't even see any traces of the leads.

I would check all of the tweeters and drivers and make sure they are not damaged before you go any further.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2018
    sidnei100 wrote: »
    ve8mxpuovs04.jpeg

I suspect that used to be a resistor in the burnt area and the end result of a clipped signal. You can CALL Polk to see if they have any to sell. Other than that, you'll have to have new crossovers built.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• delkal
    edited June 2018
    Here is a schematic if it helps. My guess the carbon was a 1.75 ohm resistor (shown as a 2.25 ohm in the schematic). Its on the tweeter circuit so my guess is your tweeters are fried too.
  • sidnei100
    Thanks for the heads up
  • I was wondering if anyone has the updated schematic for this crossover? the schematic previously posted is Rev B from 2001 and looks a little sparse. also any Idea who is building new ones? jf0pr3jgafh2.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Wow just wow !!! How do you do that?
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wow just wow !!! How do you do that?

I don’t have any idea, I guess just lots of clipping.
    I assume you have LSi25s as well? If that’s the case, I can pull mine out for you and tell you what it is if no one can find a schematic. :)
  • delkal
    My guess is lightning. I find it hard to believe you can turn an amp up so much it can vaporize a resistor and melt an inductor at the same time. From his later pics you can see the totally gone resistor is a sand cast one. How do you vaporize that?

Did the OP ever find out if the tweeters and drivers survived? I doubt it.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2018
    Lighting didn't do that, either clipping or amplifier failure did. The resistor is not vaporized, it got hot enough to crack the casing and cook the board. The cracked up top half of the resistor either fell off in the cabinet or was dusted off by the OP.

President of Club Polk

• I made a mistake the Schematic is the correct one, Looked at the picture of the board and concluded not enough components without counting items on the list. It was not Lightening, channel puffed and took it out I believe. The amp is a 7/1250 Sherbourn 225watts @4ohms, had the amp fixed now looking to fix the crossover. While removing the crossover it dropped, cracked and broke the casing. Thanks for the offer to take yours apart (mlistens03) but no need now. I really don't have the time to build a new one that's why I was wondering if anyone is still building them.
  • Oh and all the speakers are fine I tested them and they work as they should. thanks in advance for all your help.