Marantz SA-14S1 Reference SACD

kharp1
kharp1 Posts: 3,453
edited May 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale is my beloved SA-14. Purchased from Audio Thesis probably 18 months ago. Hasn't been used since I picked up the PS Audio Memory Player stack a couple of months ago. Comes with original box, packing, cord, manual and remote. Has a beautiful sound with a very good DAC. Can be used a hub for streaming purposes. Linkage fro your viewing pleasure:
https://www.musicdirect.com/disc-player/marantz-sa-14s1-sacdcd-player?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=38117147883&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqMyxsuT52gIVBZ6fCh2DRAB8EAYYAyABEgIsDvD_BwE

Retail $2500, asking $1750 buyer pays shipping and fees. Reasonable offers considered, low ballers will get publicly shamed and thrashed. ;)

Can send pics to those interested.

Comments

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    I agree. Great source. Good luck with the sale.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,030
    Great SACD player.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I was gonna offer 999$ but I don’t wanna be publicly shamed and trashed

Hehe

Glws Kerry!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kharp1
    NO SOUP FOR YOU! :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    If I didn't have one already I'd buy this in a heartbeat. It does indeed have a beautiful sound.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited May 2018
    I want this man, I want this, I wonder how my SA15S2 compares to this magnificent piece of Marantz GOODNESS? If I could sell 3 Marantz CD players and a amp or two this would be mine. I beg one of the interested parties interested in this please buy it so I can stop thinking about this. :*
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • kharp1
    That's funny because I remember feeling the same way about it. I saw someone post a pic on "what are you listening to" and this player was in the pic. Did some research and knew for a year or two that I had to have it. So often, something that's built up in my mind like that, ends up being a let down. This was definitely not a let down. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much for a cd player. This is where the flood gates opened for me.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    I'm hoping Russ buys this and let's me store it for him free of charge while he travels about meeting and greeting. Good luck with the sale at this price someone needs to get this.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Any idea of approximately how many hours are on the laser?
  • kharp1
    IDK, I've owned it for probably 2 years, maybe a bit more. Probably averaged less than an hour a day, so, using an hour a day...less than a thousand hrs. Times I'd go a few weeks without listening to any music at home. Hasn't been in the system in 3 months since the PS Audio arrived.

If I had to pick a number I'd say 700 hrs. That's a guesstimate.

It's a tank. I love the sound of the PSA, but, it doesn't "feel" as solid as the Marantz. I wish it was as solid and smooth operating as the Marantz. Its close, just not quite as. The Marantz inspires a lot of confidence with its build quality, and, the sound is sweet.
  • Clipdat
    Thanks Kerry for the honest answer. Appreciate it.
    kharp1 wrote: »
    IDK, I've owned it for probably 2 years, maybe a bit more. Probably averaged less than an hour a day, so, using an hour a day...less than a thousand hrs. Times I'd go a few weeks without listening to any music at home. Hasn't been in the system in 3 months since the PS Audio arrived.

If I had to pick a number I'd say 700 hrs. That's a guesstimate.

It's a tank. I love the sound of the PSA, but, it doesn't "feel" as solid as the Marantz. I wish it was as solid and smooth operating as the Marantz. Its close, just not quite as. The Marantz inspires a lot of confidence with its build quality, and, the sound is sweet.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Buy it, you'll like it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I really want this, but I just can't do it right now. This is a fantastic player that I have no doubt has been very well cared for. Somebody should jump on this.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • kharp1
    This has a new home.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Congrats on the sale Kerry. Someone is going to be very, very happy.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Clipdat
    **Lets out deep breath** thank ****!