• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    halen wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I get a
    Tony M wrote: »
    I should also study our paper currency portraits a bit. ;)

Who uses paper money? :)

Speaking of. I will be in SF area end of July. Would love to experience them Magico’s and lots a drinks!! And grilled oysters. Haha.

Sure. PM me. Don’t know about the oysters. There is a McDonalds nearby for a Fish Filet. :)

I get a little P.O.ed when people show up for poker with 50s and 100s. I feel like cashing them out with coins. LOL.

Ha. Don’t you know Mickey D has the best fries!! Hahaha

No. I stopped eating junk food decades ago. I get my useless calorie fill from beer. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    It could be that those Volti just fit my sound profile perfectly, but sitting in that room going through his playlist which had quite a variety of music that is reasonably close to mine was amazing.

I spent about 4 hours in there total between two sessions on Saturday and one on Sunday, and honestly it's the best audio experience I've ever had. The only other session I can remember leaving such an impression was when I was introduced to high end audio on some B&W Nautilus speakers like 20 years ago.

If I had the room for those and was reasonably close on the financials I'd find a way to make it work.

It was also B&W that opened my eyes some two decades ago or so. I have grown so much since TV had color.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Rough sketchimates of my room I'm moving in to. First one is without the curved corners, obviously. Just an idea I'm working on. Rounded corners with diaphragmatic bass traps built in to the rounded corners section using activated charcoal in layers front to back.
    qdgcmx6dbcfy.jpg
    kb5uqrjr4r79.jpg

• kharp1
    Was browsing the Volti website earlier and came across this:

http://voltiaudio.com/policies/

Noticed some strange language that bothered me. Maybe it's just me, but, it seems like his "warranty" is more about covering his rear for the basic minimum, and, puts lots of language in about things he doesn't cover. Once the product leaves them they aren't responsible for any wood warpage or shrinkage. He's supposed to be known as a great wood worker, and, I would expect my $30k speakers to have quality material chosen by the builder, and, I would expect him to stand by the $30k product. I was left with the impression he was more concerned about trying to not be responsible for anything.

I was planning a trip to his studio to listen to some of his speakers, but, that all changed.

Am I off base here?
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    Don’t know about you but. Last time I held a benjamin in hand it felt a hella better than a plastic card.

But I doubt you know what that feels like. Obsolete

Paper and plastic?? What is that it sounds like commingled recycling. It’s all contactless these days, FBpay, PP, Venmo, ApplePay.

@kharp1 Good luck with the speakers, Those horns look very interesting, and the description sounds very much like the same for Daniel Hertz speakers and the dynamic range and ability to pressurize a room.
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    Reading those policies did not leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling. I felt buyers remorse,without buying anything!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Don’t know about you but. Last time I held a benjamin in hand it felt a hella better than a plastic card.

Cash is King bro
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • firsttimer
    firsttimer Posts: 87
    That is more of cya policy that is all. Surprised they sell anything with a policy like that.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited June 2018
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Was browsing the Volti website earlier and came across this:

http://voltiaudio.com/policies/

Noticed some strange language that bothered me. Maybe it's just me, but, it seems like his "warranty" is more about covering his rear for the basic minimum, and, puts lots of language in about things he doesn't cover. Once the product leaves them they aren't responsible for any wood warpage or shrinkage. He's supposed to be known as a great wood worker, and, I would expect my $30k speakers to have quality material chosen by the builder, and, I would expect him to stand by the $30k product. I was left with the impression he was more concerned about trying to not be responsible for anything.

I was planning a trip to his studio to listen to some of his speakers, but, that all changed.

Am I off base here?

Nope, like spending 30k on a car and the paint job isn't covered under warranty. That would be enough for me to put the brakes on a purchase.

The way he specifically calls out warpage and shrinkage tells me the wood he's using is very picky about humidity and that it's probably the #1 complaint he gets.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    55d8889a8007a99f41af48adc5894fbd.jpg
    tonyb wrote: »
    The way he specifically calls out warpage and shrinkage tells me the wood he's using is very picky about humidity and that it's probably the #1 complaint he gets.

• halen
    GlennDog wrote: »

Cash is King bro

It is. And cash also provides...

1) Zero trace of hookers and blow
    2) Tax Evasion
    3) No debt

People living in digital currency. Haha. Funny thing is when I pay cash at store for small purchase, something like $9.50. I give them a $10. Nine out of ten times they are confused and have no clue how much to give back to me.
  • halen
    I get a

Speaking of. I will be in SF area end of July. Would love to experience them Magico’s and lots a drinks!! And grilled oysters. Haha.

Sure. PM me. Don’t know about the oysters. There is a McDonalds nearby for a Fish Filet. :)

I get a little P.O.ed when people show up for poker with 50s and 100s. I feel like cashing them out with coins. LOL.

No. I stopped eating junk food decades ago. I get my useless calorie fill from beer. :)

Which Magico’s do you have now?

Kharp. There is a fellow here in DFW that has the big boy Volti’s. When you make it down here again you should check them out. He had a get together a couple years ago. Dudes house has own zip code.

halen
  • kharp1
    I get a

Which Magico’s do you have now?

Kharp. There is a fellow here in DFW that has the big boy Volti’s. When you make it down here again you should check them out. He had a get together a couple years ago. Dudes house has own zip code.

halen

Hook me up. It'll be some time in the next few months. I'll be back before skip's October shindig.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    GlennDog wrote: »

Cash is King bro

It is. And cash also provides...

1) Zero trace of hookers and blow
    2) Tax Evasion
    3) No debt

People living in digital currency. Haha. Funny thing is when I pay cash at store for small purchase, something like $9.50. I give them a $10. Nine out of ten times they are confused and have no clue how much to give back to me.

That there is the gospel truth.

Last time I bought a car, I handed the dealer an envelope with 6k in it. He sat back in the chair, and asked what the heck that was.

I laughed, it's called cash, start counting. We Italians have a love affair with cash in envelopes. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable