Went to goodwill today

mlistens03
mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
They had a Denon DVD-1000, which I though about, but I read online somewhere that it compresses audio files. Wanted $13 for it. Just wanted to make sure that I didn’t make a big mistake. Should I run back and grab it?

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Nope. Look for a 2900 or something around that same era. Fantastic universal players.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mlistens03
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Nope. Look for a 2900 or something around that same era. Fantastic universal players.

Ok, I will. Thanks! :smile:
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Going to Salvation Army today to drop off a bunch of clothes and misc stuff. Got the Denali full, part of the cleanup after my move to the new home. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mlistens03
    DSkip wrote: »
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Given his age, a universal player might not be a wise investment. M, if you decide to try and go universal, make sure there is music you would listen to offered on SACD or DVD-A. For me, the selection is extremely limited. You can find a better CD player for the money usually than you can a universal player, so why spend more for a feature you won't use?

I don’t think any of my music 8 would listen to is on SACD, and I don’t know about DVD either... I have neither now, but in the future who knows. I also eventually want to build a home theater setup (albeit old and outdated) so a DVD player seems like the way to go.
    To be honest, I’m not really in the market for a disc player of any kind, I want to replace my amp and preamp first, then fix the Missions. Then I would move onto a player, but you know if you find a good deal you gotta jump on it.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,545
    Ive had my 2910 since about 2005. Only just recently has it been givimg me problems. Will play about 30 seconds of a song then withh start over at the begining. Other than that i have been veey happy with it over the years.

The peice of the 3910 have come way down. Very nice player.
  • verb
    Went back to Salvation Army last Friday. Dropped off a desk, couple of DVD players, a Pioneer CD changer, MIB microwave oven, mini fridge, bunch of good condition shoes, and 4 linear feet of clothes! Cleaning up after the move! Basement is starting to look respectable! Lot's more to donate though. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,013
    Good for you Dave. ;)

I've bought so many shirts from Goodwill that I never wore in years. So WTH was I thinking when I bought them? Was I out of my mind? It puzzles me greatly.

I need to return them this summer. ;)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    Yeah I thought about the garage sale thing but it’s easier and better if I can donate them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    We prefer Salvation army and Restore (habitat for humanity) to donate to. Greater percentage goes to where it's supposed to.

But nonetheless, I also need to do the same and clear out some gear (and clothes)
  • mlistens03
    verb wrote: »
    Went back to Salvation Army last Friday. Dropped off a desk, couple of DVD players, a Pioneer CD changer, MIB microwave oven, mini fridge, bunch of good condition shoes, and 4 linear feet of clothes! Cleaning up after the move! Basement is starting to look respectable! Lot's more to donate though. :smile:

Awesome! Good luck with your move!
    Tony M wrote: »
    Good for you Dave. ;)

I've bought so many shirts from Goodwill that I never wore in years. So WTH was I thinking when I bought them? Was I out of my mind? It puzzles me greatly.

I need to return them this summer. ;)

Ha I feel you. I’ve bought so many worthless pairs of speakers, headphones, cheapo desktop 2.1 systems, etc. that I am just now starting to get rid of. It’s a work in progress :wink:

verb wrote: »
    Yeah I thought about the garage sale thing but it’s easier and better if I can donate them.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    We prefer Salvation army and Restore (habitat for humanity) to donate to. Greater percentage goes to where it's supposed to.

But nonetheless, I also need to do the same and clear out some gear (and clothes)

I will most likely take the stuff to Salvation Army if I can find one. Do you think Salvation Army will appreciate the Goodwill stickers still on everything :wink:
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ^ most definitely, lol