Cool score

VR3VR3 Posts: 22,203
Rare find, Powermonitor 700, one owner (17 years) - near mint... most likely will displace my LSiM703 pair. Always loved the Powermonitor series from Def Tech

gp3ut6sv35ma.jpg

8" powered sub, 250 watt amp, -6db point according to sound and vision is 32hz. Not bad for a monitor!
5.25" mid
1" tweeter

- Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,834
    edited May 26
    My great grandma used to have DefTech Powermonitors, great speakers, GLWTS!
    Edit: I just came from BikerBoy’s FS thread, I don’t know why I said GLWTS lol
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    Main setup:
    Speakers are one of three, Mission Freedom 770 IV’s, Polk LSi25’s, or Polk SDA-CRS (stock XO, SL2000’s, Blade/Blade model). Electronics are as follows: for the LSi’s and SDA’s, a Technics SU-v75 acting as a phono preamp, into a Yamaha RX-v665, into a Crown XLi800 power amplifier. For the Missions, I have a Lafayette LR-1100. Turntable is a Technics SL-3200, with a Shure M97xE. Cables are generic/soon to be replaced garbage.
    An old post I found on AK, from 2013.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,567
    $30.00

:)
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,203
    That's about what I paid for my Focals (in perspective!) :p
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,803
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    $30.00

$32....
    I know where you live....
    lol... you need to come by and hear.... errr.... experience the behemoth
    - Not Tom

• Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,540
    Nice find, Trey!

What mods are called for? >:)
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 MKII Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps or CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 Preamp, AQ King Cobra RCAs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,573
    Russ experienced 8 21” subs in folded horns...154.9db is hard to compete with Trey.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    It's not the volume that makes it intense, it's extension and cleanliness of bass

Thank you sir, I may mod them, will see
    - Not Tom

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,429
    $30.00

Three fiddy
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

• Tony MTony M Posts: 5,889
    edited May 26
    Trey, I'm going to go check the web for your D.Tech. speaker model and look at your subs on that design now. Back in a minute. I got a glimpse of the subwoofer but also found this; :o
    Definitive Technology
    PowerMonitor 700 Speaker System
    $2,345
    :p B)
    Going back to look some more..Found it.

Now, my question is: is the subwoofer firm and stiff when you push on it?
    My new Triton passive subs are the stiffest I've ever pushed on. I think I pushed on these active race track woofers and felt the same.

I'm just wondering if the active sub on your new Monitor 700's kind-of use the same design to get tight bass.

Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/compactspeakers/98#XOKJiMIHGtjUzvLc.99
    Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Russ experienced 8 21” subs in folded horns...154.9db is hard to compete with Trey.

So that is how he cleared his bowels...
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,803
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

So that is how he cleared his bowels...

It was uncomfortable.... I had to leave the room. :s
    I bet brah
    edited May 26
    Yeah, that is really the only info left on the website of them...

I owned a pair of the PM900 a few years ago and for monitors they can flat out throw down. You almost don't need a subwoofer in a theater with them. I will say the PM700 so far is a little more musical but the top end is a hint bright. The Aluminum tweeter responds really really well to crossover modifications because ol Sandy installed crap everywhere, electrolytics everything... so yeah, anything is better!! :pensive:

Whats funny is I bought the PM900 as a DIY kit directly from Def Tech, they were just random parts laying around their warehouse :open_mouth:

olkx1vjevaa5.jpg
    8b27ytarmnin.jpg
    qcwf8ka4ynfl.jpg
    5xnx8owvnfnh.jpg
    hgwveg311aj6.jpg

Tony M wrote: »
    Trey, I'm going to go check the web for your D.Tech. speaker model and look at your subs on that design now. Back in a minute. I got a glimpse of the subwoofer but also found this; :o
    Definitive Technology
    PowerMonitor 700 Speaker System
    $2,345
    :p B)
    Going back to look some more..

Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/compactspeakers/98#XOKJiMIHGtjUzvLc.99

- Not Tom

edited May 26
    Sory, wrong picture.. that was the 350.

Cool story about the PM900's you brought to life and upgraded the cross-overs too. B)

Is the powered woofer, stiff and solid when pushed upon?

I bet the PM900's sounded AWESOME. I've always LOVED Def. Tech. sound. I can only hear up to 11Khz. now though.
    The powered subs are pretty normal as far as spring as it is a slot loaded enclosure versus sealed like most of Sandys designs.

Def Tech is an odd infatuation with me. They are just fun to listen to... lol
    - Not Tom

• honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 1,971
    Dude could you ever NOT mod a speaker?
    EVER???? :p
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
    P.S. Your crossovers in my 3.1's are singing to me as I type this.

THANK YOU TREY
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
    I am glad to hear they are rocking and rolling!

I actually threw a Clarity Cap MR in my in ceiling center channel the other day for giggles... hahah
    - Not Tom

Oy such a awdiyo geek!! ;) :p :D

VR3 wrote: »
    The powered subs are pretty normal as far as spring as it is a slot loaded enclosure versus sealed like most of Sandys designs.

Def Tech is an odd infatuation with me. They are just fun to listen to... lol

Thanks, Trey.

With the slot, I fully get it.

I'd still have my BP10B's if I didn't need some spending change...TWICE. I've owned 2 sets. The second set was mint in the boxes too. A con-man got over on me when he bought the second set. He won't ever get another chance to buy something from me.
    edited May 27
    cs7a8mggi2yi.jpg

8n30pdcqra06.jpg

an0axchtv06x.jpg

jtlo1bh28v90.jpg

Always sucks when a deal goes south for whatever reason. Sorry you had a bad one

I'm also fairly familiar with the BP 10b. Built new enclosures from the ground up that were mirror images, made a huge improvement with that offset tweeter. Also had mixed crossovers but that was before I was doing then

To this day, I don't see how the quasi transmission line works because it's just a standard port.
    - Not Tom

Thanks.

Man, I missed a lot when I was gone. You've got quite the skills for sure. I don't know about the TL either if there's no channel. But the bass is Amazing on that model! Just like the DCM's.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,528
    Those Powermonitor 700s look like they would be perfect for drum n bass!
    Got Dayens?