Cool score

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,964
Rare find, Powermonitor 700, one owner (17 years) - near mint... most likely will displace my LSiM703 pair. Always loved the Powermonitor series from Def Tech

gp3ut6sv35ma.jpg

8" powered sub, 250 watt amp, -6db point according to sound and vision is 32hz. Not bad for a monitor!
5.25" mid
1" tweeter

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited May 2018
    My great grandma used to have DefTech Powermonitors, great speakers, GLWTS!
    Edit: I just came from BikerBoy’s FS thread, I don’t know why I said GLWTS lol
  • VR3
    That's about what I paid for my Focals (in perspective!) :p
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    $30.00

:)

$32....
    I know where you live....
  • VR3
    lol... you need to come by and hear.... errr.... experience the behemoth
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Nice find, Trey!

What mods are called for? >:)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Russ experienced 8 21” subs in folded horns...154.9db is hard to compete with Trey.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • VR3
    It's not the volume that makes it intense, it's extension and cleanliness of bass

Thank you sir, I may mod them, will see
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    $30.00

:)

Three fiddy
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited May 2018
    Trey, I'm going to go check the web for your D.Tech. speaker model and look at your subs on that design now. Back in a minute. I got a glimpse of the subwoofer but also found this; :o
    Definitive Technology
    PowerMonitor 700 Speaker System
    $2,345
    :pB)
    Going back to look some more..Found it.

Now, my question is: is the subwoofer firm and stiff when you push on it?
    My new Triton passive subs are the stiffest I've ever pushed on. I think I pushed on these active race track woofers and felt the same.

I'm just wondering if the active sub on your new Monitor 700's kind-of use the same design to get tight bass.

Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/compactspeakers/98#XOKJiMIHGtjUzvLc.99
    Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Russ experienced 8 21” subs in folded horns...154.9db is hard to compete with Trey.

So that is how he cleared his bowels...
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

So that is how he cleared his bowels...

It was uncomfortable.... I had to leave the room. :s
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
  • VR3
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, that is really the only info left on the website of them...

I owned a pair of the PM900 a few years ago and for monitors they can flat out throw down. You almost don't need a subwoofer in a theater with them. I will say the PM700 so far is a little more musical but the top end is a hint bright. The Aluminum tweeter responds really really well to crossover modifications because ol Sandy installed crap everywhere, electrolytics everything... so yeah, anything is better!! :pensive:

Whats funny is I bought the PM900 as a DIY kit directly from Def Tech, they were just random parts laying around their warehouse :open_mouth:

olkx1vjevaa5.jpg
    8b27ytarmnin.jpg
    qcwf8ka4ynfl.jpg
    5xnx8owvnfnh.jpg
    hgwveg311aj6.jpg

Tony M wrote: »
    Trey, I'm going to go check the web for your D.Tech. speaker model and look at your subs on that design now. Back in a minute. I got a glimpse of the subwoofer but also found this; :o
    Definitive Technology
    PowerMonitor 700 Speaker System
    $2,345
    :pB)
    Going back to look some more..

Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/compactspeakers/98#XOKJiMIHGtjUzvLc.99

• Tony M
    edited May 2018
    Sory, wrong picture.. that was the 350.

Cool story about the PM900's you brought to life and upgraded the cross-overs too. B)

Is the powered woofer, stiff and solid when pushed upon?

I bet the PM900's sounded AWESOME. I've always LOVED Def. Tech. sound. I can only hear up to 11Khz. now though.
  • VR3
    The powered subs are pretty normal as far as spring as it is a slot loaded enclosure versus sealed like most of Sandys designs.

Def Tech is an odd infatuation with me. They are just fun to listen to... lol
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Dude could you ever NOT mod a speaker?
    EVER???? :p
  • honestaquarian
    P.S. Your crossovers in my 3.1's are singing to me as I type this.

THANK YOU TREY
  • VR3
    I am glad to hear they are rocking and rolling!

I actually threw a Clarity Cap MR in my in ceiling center channel the other day for giggles... hahah
  • honestaquarian
    Oy such a awdiyo geek!! ;):p:D
  • Tony M
    VR3 wrote: »
    The powered subs are pretty normal as far as spring as it is a slot loaded enclosure versus sealed like most of Sandys designs.

Def Tech is an odd infatuation with me. They are just fun to listen to... lol

Thanks, Trey.

With the slot, I fully get it.

I'd still have my BP10B's if I didn't need some spending change...TWICE. I've owned 2 sets. The second set was mint in the boxes too. A con-man got over on me when he bought the second set. He won't ever get another chance to buy something from me.
  • VR3
    edited May 2018
    cs7a8mggi2yi.jpg

8n30pdcqra06.jpg

an0axchtv06x.jpg

jtlo1bh28v90.jpg

Always sucks when a deal goes south for whatever reason. Sorry you had a bad one

I'm also fairly familiar with the BP 10b. Built new enclosures from the ground up that were mirror images, made a huge improvement with that offset tweeter. Also had mixed crossovers but that was before I was doing then

To this day, I don't see how the quasi transmission line works because it's just a standard port.
  • Tony M
    Thanks.

Man, I missed a lot when I was gone. You've got quite the skills for sure. I don't know about the TL either if there's no channel. But the bass is Amazing on that model! Just like the DCM's.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Those Powermonitor 700s look like they would be perfect for drum n bass!