Sony x850e 65" hdmi questions

2»

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Tony. The Panamax is on the bottom of the rack on a glass platform the led’s burnt out on it so you can’t see it lit up. Tv. Receiver sub, as well as the cable box coax runs through it.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    erniejade wrote: »
    Tony. The Panamax is on the bottom of the rack on a glass platform the led’s burnt out on it so you can’t see it lit up. Tv. Receiver sub, as well as the cable box coax runs through it.

Hmmm, how do you know it's still working at all then ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    Yep. Its working. The power lights still work and i turn the sub on and off with the delayed on power. The twin 12" sub box doesnt auto off
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    What was said about Audioquest HDMI cables is true. under 8M.
    About universal mounts. They are not all created equal. Most of the cheaper mounts suck. I hate them all due to input blocking and poor built quality. Some make you assemble the entire mount which takes forever.
    I stick with quality mounts from Peerless, Omnimount, Chief and Strong from Snap AV. All these companies make fantastic mounts. Yes they cost a bit more but they hang on the wall level, don't block your inputs for the most part, come ready to go.

Using a power kit for your power is the way to do. Power cords are NOT in wall rated and can cause a fire. If you have a fire your home owners insurance will void and you'll be left with the bill.
    A power kit uses romex between the outlet at the TV side and the Inlet at the equipment side.
    Another benefit is the fact you now have a in wall rated extension cord for your Tv and you can plug it into your high quality surge protector.

However you can install an electrical outlet and then buy a Flat Panel Surge protector from Panamax , surge X etc but if you already have a high quality surge for your equipment, that is the better way to go and more affordable.

Congrats on the 850E , for the money it's a fine set. Once you see 4k go, you'll get addicted. 4k is supposed to be coming this year to cable companies. Comcast already has a 4k box out now but no service behind it yet. Thats on the way.
    Verizon is working on their setup as we speak and I keep bothering them about it.
    DSS also has a 4k box with very little content. No Broadcast yet but also coming soon.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • erniejade
    Thanks for the advice and mount brands. I had no idea there was so many different mounting styles for an on wall bracket. This has definitely been a learning experience.