Whats the best Intergrated Amp in the $300-$600 price range?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on a Intergrated amp,that is in the $300 -$600 price range?
2 Channel:
Jbl Lx44
Optonica Sa 5105
Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
Audioquest evergreen 3.5mm to rca cable
Technics Sl BD22 TT
Randomness:
Klh model 26's
Peavey Pr15's
Gls cables for peaveys
Numark DM1175 Preamp mixer
Random cables
Bic f12
Svs soundpath subwoofer cable
Lafayette Lr-200a amplifier

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    If it has the power you need it’s gonna be hard to beat the Dayens Ampino, hit up DSkip as he’s a dealer and can answer questions and order one for you.
  • Ok sounds good ,will check them out!!! :)
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Random cables
    Bic f12
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on a Intergrated amp,that is in the $300 -$600 price range?

If the Dayens mentioned above doesn’t work for you, then look into older Yamaha, Marantz, Nakamichi and similar company’s integrated amps if you are willing to go used and if your speakers are fairly easy to drive.
  • OK so I looked up the Dayens, and I might consider it. But I have to save for a little bit. :D:'(:) .Definitely worth it!!!
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Random cables
    Bic f12
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited May 2018
    Agree with Skip in that they are quality pieces to start with, and they ability to make modest upgrades is nice. Plus, they sound really nice.
  • mlistens03
    And by the way, welcome to Club Polk!
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited May 2018
    Yamaha A-S701, well for a little more. I’ve heard good things about the 501 and would be in the budget.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • I'll check it out. ;)
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Random cables
    Bic f12
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited May 2018
    I'm a NAD fan...

Does your integrated need to have a tuner or are you running separates? There are good options for either if you don't mind used.

What exactly are you wanting to run off the amp?

This may be a great option:
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323271592610
    even has a remote
  • mlistens03
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I'm a NAD fan...

Does your integrated need to have a tuner or are you running separates? There are good options for either if you don't mind used.

What exactly are you wanting to run off the amp?

This may be a great option:
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323271592610
    even has a remote

Jace, this NAD looks awesome. I would get this most likely if I was you.
  • FestYboy
    Hard to beat 150w of NAD PE power. 2 ohm capable, and bridgable (with another 2600) for those hard to drive speakers to boot.
  • mlistens03
    Hard to beat 150w of NAD PE power. 2 ohm capable, and bridgable (with another 2600) for those hard to drive speakers to boot.

2 ohms? Geez. That’s a beefy amp! That could maybe pull off Infinity Kappa 9.2s, and definitely drive LSis. This seems like the best choice, IMO.
  • FestYboy
    @mlistens03 wanna get your mind blown: look up Big D Wiz on YouTube, he dynos a 2200PE...
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Is a 2 ohm stable amp what you're main priority is? What system is this going in? What speakers are you going to be driving? There are a ton of integrated amps out there, what do you want it to do? Are you looking for raw power, or, looking for the best SQ?
  • FestYboy
    I don't suspect that 2 ohm stable is a priority or necessity, but that 7600 has the potential to stay with him for many years as a solid foundation for any growth in the future. It can be updated, rebuild, modded to suit his taste as it changes.

It's also just one of MANY options that would fit his needs. I have no horse in this race.
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    @mlistens03 wanna get your mind blown: look up Big D Wiz on YouTube, he dynos a 2200PE...

Dam that is once sic amp
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • mlistens03
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Is a 2 ohm stable amp what you're main priority is? What system is this going in? What speakers are you going to be driving? There are a ton of integrated amps out there, what do you want it to do? Are you looking for raw power, or, looking for the best SQ?
    I don't suspect that 2 ohm stable is a priority or necessity, but that 7600 has the potential to stay with him for many years as a solid foundation for any growth in the future. It can be updated, rebuild, modded to suit his taste as it changes.

It's also just one of MANY options that would fit his needs. I have no horse in this race.

In this system he is looking for SQ. He is using JBL LX44s right now, which he really likes and plans to use for years to come. I personally know him, so I know what he uses in his setup.
    I just thought that it was cool that it was 2 ohm stable, and was saying “wow that’s cool.”

Awesome video, insane amp, and he got a new subscriber.
  • Ok what I really need is something that has a low Thd, and sounds amazing.The speakers I would be powering would be Jbl Lx44's which have a high sensitivity of 91db's,so power is not a problem.
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Random cables
    Bic f12
  • I most likely will get the Dayens Ampino.
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Random cables
    Bic f12
  • alucididea
    alucididea Posts: 113
    I bought a Yamaha A-S500 a few years ago and have enjoyed it thus far. Originally I had it paired with a pair of RTI8's. Definitely had to make use of its loudness control, however. Now its just the center channel amp for my surround sound. Has always sounded nice and open.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I'm a NAD fan...

I figured as much ;)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I'm a NAD fan as well. But Dayens gets great praise too.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    No clue about those JBL's, but I gotta say I'm really loving the Dayens Menuetto - Dynaudio Audience 50 combo (in a small, terrible, untreated room).

Great balance, gobs of low & midrange detail, smooooth top, fantastic depth and imaging. Kind of magical sometimes. Like this morning's listen of Jonathan Wilson's "Gentle Spirit". Took me away on a nice little cosmic desert trip. And this is with an inexpensive (used), inefficient speaker. I could listen for days!

Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I can't help but put the Outlaw RR2160 into the mix https://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2160.html I have an RR2150 https://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2150.html and it is no slouch.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^A little above his range but a used one wouldn't be.

Great REVIEWS of these receivers too!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • I have heard good things about Outlaw great amps!!!
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Random cables
    Bic f12
  • No need for an intergrated any more, I recently started using my Optonica-5105 and it sounds way better then the Denon (probably because it was an Avr) :). Way better bass response, wider sound stage, and almost no distortion.
    2 Channel:
    Jbl Lx44
    Optonica Sa 5105
    Blue Jean 12 gauge cable
    Technics Sl BD22 TT
    Randomness:
    Klh model 26's
    Peavey Pr15's
    Gls cables for peaveys
    Random cables
    Bic f12
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I have heard good things about Outlaw great amps!!!

That's why Outlaws are wanted, regardless of if they are in working order or not. :p

ze3jxym7ki2w.jpg
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    HaHa...as with everything, some are better than others. Do your research on each Outlaw piece that trips your trigger, and you'll find that not all Outlaws are a slam dunk...

BUT, my RR2150 has never let me down for testing/evaluating other pieces - a real stud in the stable.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon