Nostalgia: Things You Had Growing Up

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Does anybody remember Hot Wheels RRRumblers? They were motorcycles you could race on a Hot Wheels track with a little attachment thingy.

I remember thinking that the guy in the top hat was Abraham Lincoln. :p

3jqqrjnpehj1.jpg

tebj3w25n05o.jpg

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited May 2018
    ^^^^ Bone to Be Wild ????
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I see it now...BONE... :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited May 2018
    Loving the throwback Chevy Silverado Cheyenne
    njahzrue5am0.jpeg

Dealership near me had one done. Going to go see if we can get a deal done tomorrow.

mo8xj9gyywx7.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    What are they asking if you don't mind sharing??

Take some interior picks and a mini review
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited May 2018
    Looking at a crew cab 4x4 lt and their asking $42k. Msrp was $48k. The truck was marked down to $37k with incentives and the Cheyenne package puts it back to $42k.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited May 2018
    This isn’t a factory package. There is a dealership in PA doing these conversions for $5-$7k on any 2018 Silverado. Interior is the same except for a Cheyenne Super 10 badge on the dash.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Loving the throwback Chevy Silverado Cheyenne
    njahzrue5am0.jpeg

Dealership near me had one done. Going to go see if we can get a deal done tomorrow.

mo8xj9gyywx7.jpeg

Sweet! Love it! My brother has a 87 Silverado that he restored.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    I built a couple of these back in the day. The first, IIRC, was destroyed by a B-52 bomber strike! :smile:
    wnh43b5nahhx.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    verb wrote: »
    I built a couple of these back in the day. The first, IIRC, was destroyed by a B-52 bomber strike! :smile:
    wnh43b5nahhx.png

I built the BIG model and was so proud of it! I loved that chrome helmet.
  • verb
    Self portrait Jimmy? :smile:
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »
    Self portrait Jimmy? :smile:

Yep. I still have that dress, too. I wore it to The Super Bowl last year. :p
  • verb
    Oh. Thanks for clarifying. I thought you were to the right of the steam engine. :)
  • Tony M
    I think they're worth some $$$ now.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    I LOVE that series.

The newest ones too. I do the Marathons when they come on TV. Great background sound too.
    I have the DVD set but just haven't played them yet. :(

The one with Mark Wahlberg..not at all.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    i5g99x0bjb0j.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Sears catalog or the TOYS ARE US catalog. YEA. But I could only wish for a few things and hope to get one, maybe 2. :)
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    xhk8u2emjlna.jpg
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • Tony M
    Thanks @mhardy6647 and John!

I'll go back in time and look at those Hot Wheels sets and cars I dreamed of! :pB)
  • Marfly
    Marfly Posts: 66
    I was the coolest kid on the block with this. ;)

v8oij1ikwszy.jpg

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I always wanted the knights and vikings, but I only got this horse and the gold armor. I used to dress Johnny West and/or Geronimo as a knight. After 35 years, I ordered the viking online, but I shipped him to England for Christmas a few years ago. :p

ocrys6mxws5z.jpg
    8k86wjifni8j.jpg
    eh4zzszvtaeb.jpg

Geronimo sits in my audio room. Most of the accessories disappeared over the years.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    My first "real" bike. A Blue Max by Mongoose. They pretty much only sold these on military bases, so the only people I've ever met who had one as a kid were fellow brats.

bluemax37.jpg
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • verb
    I had one of these guys. Drones back in the day!
    5nrp9vo3jkpp.png
  • verb
    Eventually graduated to control line models. Powered by the venerable cox .049 gas engine! :smile:
    zwd1ipehhsyf.png
  • verb
    My brother and I got this type of Mini-Bike one year from Sears. We had a blast! No helmet, no front brake, the rear pedal brake literally scrubbed the rear tire tread in order to stop! And we survived! What fun!
    k9c12yucxkha.png
  • Tony M
    Go-carts and mini bikes ON THE STREETS was legal. :D

I remember those days! I got to ride friends bikes and go-carts.