Yard sale ad pictures that don't show much but tell a lot.

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    No can do Man, heck I'd never leave..... :D
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    I spy some JBL HLS's which model?
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Spill it man, how much did you pay for the Tritons?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I spy some JBL HLS's which model?

They're the 810's. :p
    I have HLS 620's plus an HLS center in the back room too.

adb3da suggests..

A LOT. But not for what I got. ;) I was lucky to have had the spare change laying around.

I'll give a good hint. More than 3/4 off retail. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Those HLS speakers played way above their price point. I ran 6 HLS 610's in my home theater. Work great for music as well.
    I never heard the 620/820 speakers.
  • Tony M
    The 620's rocked my world one day listening to Led Zepplin's "Kashmir". B) That series does sound GREAT! ;)B)
    https://youtu.be/hAzdgU_kpGo

I had a previous pair of 810's. Kind of like Klipschs for sure. I reluctantly sold them. So years later when some showed up on Craigslist, I bought another set to replace what I had. :#
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Tony M wrote: »

A LOT. But not for what I got. ;) I was lucky to have had the spare change laying around.

I'll give a good hint. More than 3/4 off retail. :p

I’ve not seen a pair of used 1’s for less than $3,000.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I hope your enjoying them. I’m absolutely captivated by mine.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Tony M
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    I hope your enjoying them. I’m absolutely captivated by mine.

I'm still on cloud 9. The Adrenaline rush from the thrill of the hunt to pounce on the subjects, is flowing thru me pretty good.

Is there such a thing as a permanent smile :D affliction? I might have one. :D

I'm so conjested with purchases over the past 2 years or so that I've needed to re-arrange a lot of things this past week. I rested a couple days but and I've done yard work and washed my truck and car today and cut a lot of the field behind my house and my own yard, and plucked a bunch of weeds from my neighbors yard behind my Red-Tips today.

So no listening and organizing today. But the few days I did go out and get started and put those Ones to the test...were some of the best days I've had in years. Great sound and getting organized to start selling again feels really good! :p

The sound they put out is so lifelike. Just like the Def. Tech. BP10B's I've owned sound.

But the bass is what takes these upwards. A great sub and some other speakers could do the same I'm sure. But to hear these slim towers kick you in your face and body if you get too close is mind-blowing! POWER is a description I would use. Clarity and Power, yep.

I've read the others in this line-up do it too. So I know these are a lot bigger and the References are a lot bigger than the Ones. I think it all depends on the room size. These will play clear at low volume but then you can get the same from the 2's or 3's in a smaller room.

I'm not hearing the same room-filling sound like my SRS2's produce. But I don't have the Ones anywhere close to the proper placement they need.

I'll let you all know as soon as that happens.

My LS90's fill the room with GREAT sound now also. They're placed in the proper way, but a little close together but they still sound BEAUTIFUL and POWERFUL too. B)
    I will move the RT3000P's next to the TV and put the Triton Ones next to them.
    I can't wait! :p
  • Tony M
    The young lady I bought the Ones from, just emailed me saying they'll be there this weekend again.

I emailed her 3 times this past week after somebody posted new pictures with a yamaha receiver I didn't see because it wasn't out to be seen.

Now at 9:15 today, she emails and says, we're here.....

It sure would've been nice to know that ahead of time. I asked for a price on a receiver they posted on Craigs list that I didn't see at the first sale. NO REPLY. I emailed again.. NO REPLY. I emailed a third time...Then hours later: Sorry Tony, I've been out of state. I don't know what's left. That was it. :o:s

So, I'm a little bummed and don't feel like rushing over there. Or even going.

Why can't people communicate better?

I'd like to get the subs cheaper though. And maybe a nice newer Yamaha Adventage receiver too...but my funds are low and I don't want to deplete them all on these new things I don't need. I only want them if they're a great deal.

I did put in my email, email me if the things don't sell.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018

I was perusing Craigslist just now and I see a picture of a corner of a Infinity speaker. The kind with the ribs or groves. I check out some more pictures in the ad and sure enough, there's a full picyure of them. I've had a couple of sets from that series, but they were small.

I call the number, but the man said a nephew will do the meeting. Call him, the man said, and he gave me his Nephews' #. I call it....I get an answering machine... :s .

So we'll see. they only want 50.00 for the pair. I know they probably need refoaming but I enjoy bringing speakers back to life, now that I can easily do it. Foam replacement that it.

Here's the ad;
    https://wilmington.craigslist.org/ele/d/audio-visual-equipment/6601264917.html
    Here are some pics. from the ad.
    gvk9rj4die6e.png
    mn4r0k274m8n.png
    And I see the full set!
    q4w966ok50el.png
    And then I read the ad.
    TINGLES.... :D
    The hunt is on! ;):D
    I did some quick research to see if I could find a similar model with the grills off. I found this picture. What do you think? Am I close or wrong?
    5hhg09nfb4rf.png

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    edited May 2018
    Is that a Pioneer Elite amp in the lower right hand corner of the group equipment pic?

Edit: Looks like it! A M-10X!

00n0n_dNwa8O2YjFU_1200x900.jpg
  • Tony M
    It looks like it!
    Good eye!
    He wrote there are 2 amps. So there's a chance.

I think I'm too late to the party! :(
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I was perusing Craigslist just now and I see a picture of a corner of a Infinity speaker. The kind with the ribs or groves. I check out some more pictures in the ad and sure enough, there's a full picyure of them. I've had a couple of sets from that series, but they were small.

I call the number, but the man said a nephew will do the meeting. Call him, the man said, and he gave me his Nephews' #. I call it....I get an answering machine... :s .

So we'll see. they only want 50.00 for the pair. I know they probably need refoaming but I enjoy bringing speakers back to life, now that I can easily do it. Foam replacement that it.

Here's the ad;
    https://wilmington.craigslist.org/ele/d/audio-visual-equipment/6601264917.html
    Here are some pics. from the ad.
    gvk9rj4die6e.png
    mn4r0k274m8n.png
    And I see the full set!
    q4w966ok50el.png
    And then I read the ad.
    TINGLES.... :D
    The hunt is on! ;):D
    I did some quick research to see if I could find a similar model with the grills off. I found this picture. What do you think? Am I close or wrong?
    5hhg09nfb4rf.png

Those are either mid-generation Kappas or References, go get ‘em! Awesome speakers, and the EMIT-K tweeter is supposed to be even better than the EMIT-R, which I can definitely say I saw one of the best tweeters I’ve ever heard, only falling short in comparison to the ring radiators in the LSis.
    No matter the condition, $50 is incredible! Even if it’s just cabinets, it’s worth a little more than that. In the condition in the picture, as far as I can tell, they look to be flawless.
    Micah
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    I think it's a Laser Disc Player. Nope, the player is behind the receivers, So yea, maybe an AMP. Elite Amp at that.

Good eye, Drew!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Did you get them?
  • Tony M
    No callback from the Nephew yet. I could only leave a message. :#
    The speakers could be this model too. kappa 7's.
    j6vsp82m5cgx.png
    https://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/d/infinity-kappa-7-audiophile/6580276533.html
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646

I don't think so. The width-to-height ratio doesn't match.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    That MK sub should be no slouch either

Mind going shopping for me @Tony M ?
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »

I've read about and seen in person, MK subs that are non-working. But it's not to say this one isn't. Maybe it works.

I don't mind. But I get to shop for myself first.

The Nephew just called and it looks like I'm the first in line. I'm going over in the late morning tomorrow. B)
  • Tony M
    Viking64 wrote: »

I don't think so. The width-to-height ratio doesn't match.

Yea, I was skeptical of the 7's too. Maybe my first reference, maybe. :)
  • Tony M
    I just went and looked at that rack again and NOTICED the THICK DUST on top of the Yamaha receiver... :s:#
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I just went and looked at that rack again and NOTICED the THICK DUST on top of the Yamaha receiver... :s:#

That thing is a pre-digital doorstop. :p
  • mlistens03
    FestYboy wrote: »

I've read about and seen in person, MK subs that are non-working. But it's not to say this one isn't. Maybe it works.

I don't mind. But I get to shop for myself first.

The Nephew just called and it looks like I'm the first in line. I'm going over in the late morning tomorrow. B)

Tell me how they sound, I always wanted a pair of Kappas/References! And put them on a beefy amp. They will kill a weaker one.
  • Tony M
    This kind of power? :DB)
    6bhxv7jwomfp.png

I don't even know if all the drivers and tweeter and mid cones work. :# From the looks of the THICK DUST I later spotted after the tingles subsided a bit, I don't know if I want any of the electronics and I question the speakers now too.

I'll see tomorrow. I try to hok those speakers up! The midranges go for 65.00. The tweeters, 100.00. and that's for each! So I don't know if 50 is a good deal if either of the mids or tweeters aren't working. :#

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Shouldn't you be asleep, Tony? You've got a busy morning coming up, what with having to cut a new path in the cottage for placement of all this stuff you're buying tomorrow.

Dibs on any hidden metal bonsai sculptures.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    I have space for the Infinty's. :p Maybe a little more.

But Darn, I was just making progress before this weekend too. I was going to take a picture of it too, just for proof :) . :#
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    They could be these 7A's. I just looked back up the thread and see I thought they were these already. I just read a cool super detailed write-up like @DarkKnight would write on the 7A's. Link is below the picture.
    dvophhr607h7.png
    http://www.soundfountain.com/infinity/kappa7a_1.html
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Nearly noon EST and no update!
  • mlistens03
    Tony... did you get them? We need updates!