Any B&K owners out there? Need help in a decision !

2»

Comments

• e9guy
    e9guy Posts: 1
    I also have a 507 S2 Driving Wilson Speakers. I was wondering about the dac or Dacs used to help determine which imputs to use from various players (transports). I have three different sources available two are sacd capable but still wondering what the quality level is for the internal DAC of the AVR as I'm looking for a new dedicated CD player or get an external dac. Has anyone done the research? Thanks
  • dgate
    dgate Posts: 1
    No one on here since 2018?

I have a B&K AVR 307 I bought new in 2004 or so? Then ordered the phono amp for it and never opened the box cuz I never bought the VPI Scoutmaster I wanted. LOL
    I just hooked the old B&K bomber back up (58 lbs) to an Oppo 103 thru four Klipsch RF-7 speakers, Klipsch (2)8 inch center speakers with 13 inch Klipsch Sub. Yep. I can wake up the neighbors but not like I could when I hook up my 2 pair (total 4) of K-Horns.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I have the AVR 307 for my TV room. I don't think it even comes close to the Ref 50 as a pre. I demo'd my Ref 50 with a 125.2 and that combo was leaps and bounds better than the 307. Never heard a 507 but I've been told it's a step up from the 307. Only reason I am still using the 307 is it was $75 and I hardly ever watch TV. It serves it's purpose quite well though. Problem with all the older B&K AVRs and pre/pro's is the ROM board. They are unobtainium. When they fail it's a boat anchor. Stargate Electronics used to be able to repair them when they were available. Sucks because I really liked their stuff. My advice if it's not too late is find you a Ref 50 and a Ref 125.2 or better yet a 200.2. The amps are rock solid.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus