Monitor 10A near me but...

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Seems that they should be peerless right?
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    My thoughts...or sl1000. Those look like the sl2000 from the 10b.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Yes they are sl2000.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Just spoke with the guy. His ad says he has had them many years but he must have forgot cause when I asked about the original tweets he said he didn’t know cause he bought them at an estate sale a couple months ago. LOL
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited May 2018
    Looks like 10As that someone slapped SL2000s in. If you look close, the tweeters appear to be sitting on top of the baffle, not flush in the cutout. SL2000s have a larger face place than the Peerless, so that makes sense.

Bet the bass sucks & they fail the passive push test. Unless of course someone added a thick gasket underneath.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Yeah I’m going to pass on them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Looks like 10As that someone slapped SL2000s in. If you look close, the tweeters appear to be sitting on top of the baffle, not flush in the cutout. SL2000s have a larger face place than the Peerless, so that makes sense.

Bet the bass sucks & they fail the passive push test. Unless of course someone added a thick gasket underneath.

Bingo!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited May 2018
    Be patient......you can find Monitor 10's for a lot less than $180. Especially if they were messed with.

But you should run and get these Monitor 5's? in Columbus for $40. Not sure why those style tweeters have a silver dome but who cares.........the drivers alone are worth the price.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-polk-speakers/6598190022.html

Edit: Just noticed one of the dust covers is messed up. But i would still get them.

Post edited by delkal on
  • jeremymarcinko
    Yeah I’ve had 10b’s at one time, but wouldn’t mind a pair of A’s.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    delkal wrote: »
    Be patient......you can find Monitor 10's for a lot less than $180. Especially if they were messed with.

But you should run and get these Monitor 5's? in Columbus for $40. Not sure why those style tweeters have a silver dome but who cares.........the drivers alone are worth the price.

Edit: Just noticed one of the dust covers is messed up. But i would still get them.

Those 5s are junk... The MWs are NOT Polk units, you'd have to replace them and update the XO.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    FestYboy wrote: »
    delkal wrote: »

Those 5s are junk... The MWs are NOT Polk units, you'd have to replace them and update the XO.

You are probably right. Its just that when I see an ad for any original Monitors for $40 I get a little tingly inside. I did think there was something not right about the silvered tweeters........they almost look painted.

But I was thinking $40 for two spare drivers (anyone know what model drivers?) was still OK. When the tingling subsided and I saw one driver had problems you are right.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    You are probably right. Its just that when I see an ad for any original Monitors for $40 I get a little tingly inside. I did think there was something not right about the silvered tweeters........they almost look painted.

But I was thinking $40 for two spare drivers (anyone know what model drivers?) was still OK. When the tingling subsided and I saw one driver had problems you are right.

A few of us know that tingling feeling very well. :DB)

It must be like a hawk spotting a mouse or rabbit. The target has been sighted! :D

I had it bad last Fri. night and then Sat. Morn. to the MAX. The tingling is still in me, but it has subsided some of course.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    "...See a doctor if tingling persists for more than 4 hours".
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited May 2018
    That there is funny as you know what! :D GOOD ONE! ;)

Signature material. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.