Vr3 Mods LSi9 Fortress Plus Crossovers

This is a Polkie only price ---- $600 shipped with paypal. Normally sell build to order at $850 but these are about 6 months old and broken in.

10 year warranty

One of my best selling sets, greater bass response, wider soundstage, more open, transparent effortless sound!

Latest edition -

Tweeter network -
Clarity Cap CSA/ESA
Mundorf Mox
Jantzen Inductors
16 Awg Wire + gold disconnects

Midrange/Midbass Network -
Clarity Cap CSA
Mundorf Mox resistors
Jantzen Air Core inductors (huge improvement over stock)
Mundorf E-Cap electrolytics bypassed by Clarity Cap ESA
16 awg wire + gold disconnects

Aluminum faceplate, CNC cut
Point to point wired
Lexan substrate
insulated gold plated binding post

hi2qpkf1w2cn.jpg
dapakwmv776d.jpg
b8a1zdnawpbx.jpg
hvvofqy2g2qs.jpg

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    Works of art.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Thank you :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    edited May 2018
    WHAT A COINCIDENCE! :#
    glwts
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • HzTweaker
    I have a question about these crossovers, but I don't want to cluster up this thread. PM sent.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • VR3
    Responded
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    Thank you! :)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    woah, those are some epic crossovers! wish I had LSi9s to use them.
    GLWTS
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101

Dan... Stop it...! My 9's will be on their way to Matt @HzTweaker this evening. Hopefully he's working on something here!
  • HzTweaker
    Anyone local (within ~2hrs from Asheville) that has this mod or one similar to it? I'd like to sample it with my own ears.. . I'll bring the beer B)
  • VR3
    I actually have recordings online of the standard mod and stock

I'm also in Charlotte which is like two hours from Asheville
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    VR3 wrote: »
    I actually have recordings online of the standard mod and stock

I'm also in Charlotte which is like two hours from Asheville

Matt's been to the Mooresville warehouse a few times. ;)
  • VR3
    You need to hear the Quad 18s Russ... makes the sub you had to hold down look like a toy
  • VR3
    edited May 2018
    http://www.vr3mods.com/RECLSi9.html

recorded same settings, same mics, same everything.
  • EndersShadow
    You need to hear the Quad 18s Russ... makes the sub you had to hold down look like a toy

Thank GAWD you use those million sheetrock screws right..... (until they all start popping out anyway from the massive sub 20hz bass heheheheh )
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    i know right!

Whats interesting is there is a solid cinder block wall that runs about 75% into the living room and it removes ALOT of the vibration that the rest of the house sees.
  • lightman1
    edited May 2018

:o You've lost your mind, Trey.

• VR3
    It's amazing. You can see the blinds move in the room, it's amazing, plus zero floor spacentswtf6cia5o.jpeg
  • EndersShadow
    lightman1 wrote: »

:o You've lost your mind, Trey.

.... *no comment* ........
  • lightman1
  • HzTweaker

I'll check ^^it^^ out tonight. Thanks!
    It's amazing. You can see the blinds move in the room, it's amazing, plus zero floor spacentswtf6cia5o.jpeg

WOWZA!! :o
  • VR3
    Faceplate picdifj0sqi1z5t.jpg
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419

That is damned cool - rarely do you get direct, observable evidence! Nice!

VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• VR3
    Thank you. Never heard a modded speaker that didn't sound drastically different than the stock one.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited May 2018
    So are the 703's just too much of a PIA to work with doing this sort of upgrade?
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2018
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    So are the 703's just too much of a PIA to work with doing this sort of upgrade?

Trey has alluded to that fact somewhere on this board. Said his first pair was his last pair lol...

(link)

(pulled from above link)
    Excellent deal awesome speakers for that price.

Makes me wonder if I have the only pair of @VR3 modded crossover 703's in existence.

I will never do another internal mod on them again so..... yes! :p
    08sdfr31rgmm.jpg
  • VR3
    Internal mods on the 703 are near impossible. It is much better to go external, which unfortunately is much more expensive.

All of the lsim stores is much harder to mod with the split board design. You would have to completely rewire every speaker to mod them.
  • VR3
    I have a stock versus mod video on Facebook of the 703, the difference was night and day.
  • VR3
    bump!
  • _nerd
    _nerd Posts: 54
    bump!

Hi VR3!

I’ve been aware that your mods existed for years but I’m am just recently getting into the LSi series and quickly joined this website when I received the first 3 LSi speakers. Are these crossovers still available?