Starting a stint in the hospital

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Happy to hear you are getting better!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Thanks again everyone! The positive vibes, prayers, and funny comments have helped immensely! :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Thanks for that GREAT UPLIFTING update.

Great medical care and concern seem to be rare these days. I'm glad you're getting it!

That's the best news I've heard about health care in quite a while.

It's actually making me well up a bit with joy for you.

NICE.
    uq4i36z9fsfz.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I think @halo's in a very good place (regionally, that is) for medical care :)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Great to hear Victor!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Happy to hear that your out of the hospital!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Awesome! Well done sir! Keep the updates coming! We're all rooting for ya!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    That's TERRIFIC Victor, keep up the good work!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    Glad to hear. MS can go pound sand.
    Your positive attitude has done you well.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Woooooo! Up and at 'em, Victor!
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Glad to hear you are out of hospital
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited May 2018
    Great job Victor. Thanks for the update.

Now you're "up above it".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrrEo3hZABU
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Great news!!! Thanks for the update.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Great news!!! Thanks for the update.

Hey.... Where were you?
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Awesome News Victor B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • halo
    voltz wrote: »
    Awesome News Victor B)

Thanks Darryl! I’m planning on having some deep dish pizza, a beer, and an evening with the Doors when I get home ;)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • voltz
    you got me smiling big time! Soul Kitchen Brother Soul Kitchen.

every time I listen to that LP I find a new favorite! which is why its all good!

I like how "The End" gets its own side ;)

Relax and enjoy being home o:)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Soul Kitchen Brother Soul Kitchen.

I'm just about to listen to "Soul Kitchen" on my Audio Fidelity "Best of The Doors" SACD. :)
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Glad to hear things are going well. Keep up the good work.
  • Tony M
    You had to put in that "after a shower" comment didn't you. :o:)

It sounds like a nice place and nice people. ;):)
  • halo
    Tony M wrote: »
    You had to put in that "after a shower" comment didn't you. :o:)

It sounds like a nice place and nice people. ;):)

lol. Well, I feel a lot better after taking a shower :)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Hey Victor, couldn't help smiling reading your post above re: blessing in disguise and the stuff you and your wife learned. That's good soulful stuff, man, and I'm glad to see you in such high spirits :)B)

re: the shower... pfwhew, yeah man, I'm just glad this forum isn't scratch 'n sniff!
    I disabled signatures.
  • halo
    msg wrote: »
    Hey Victor, couldn't help smiling reading your post above re: blessing in disguise and the stuff you and your wife learned. That's good soulful stuff, man, and I'm glad to see you in such high spirits :)B)

re: the shower... pfwhew, yeah man, I'm just glad this forum isn't scratch 'n sniff!

Ya man. All good stuff.

I’ve been showering every third day so, I’m not too stinky.
  • voltz
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Soul Kitchen Brother Soul Kitchen.

I'm just about to listen to "Soul Kitchen" on my Audio Fidelity "Best of The Doors" SACD. :)

a very excellent SACD right there!

• halo
    Got home last evening and then we decided to go out for pizza. We went to Pi Pizza in Central West End for the closest thing to Chicago pizza here in St. Louis. They offer a deep dish pizza with a cornmeal crust. Chicago pizza it's not but it's the best pizza we've had since moving to St. Louis and it was a fitting "celebratory" dinner along with a tall glass of a German Pilsner style beer that they had on tap.

Afterward, we went to Jenis ice cream which is located kiddie-corner to Pi Pizza for dessert. I tried 3 different 1/2 scoops (Dark Chocolate, Cream Puff, & Salted Peanut Butter with Chocolate Flecks) & the Salted Peanut Butter was my fav of the three.

It feels good to be out of the hospital and, at the same time, I realize that I have a lot more work ahead of me as I try to navigate my way around our apartment and vehicle outside of the controlled environment in the rehab facility. It's all good. Time to make things happen!

Thank you again to all of the good folks here for your continued support. You are the best!
  • Tony M
    I'm glad you're home now. :)

But now you've made me want PIZZA. :D

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    There used to be a mob ran Italian joint under the can of worms down there. A little hole in the wall of a huge brick building in the warehouse district.
    One of the best pizza's i have ever ate in my life.
    This was 1985'ish. Went there a lot great food and them MF'ers fed you well.