My awful experience with Polk customer service.

2»

Comments

• Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    VR3 wrote: »
    Where the crack in the circuit board, take a knife and gently scrape off the green coating over the copper.

Take a wire, solder it to each side of the crack along each section where it is broke. Do this to any section that would otherwise be connected.

Fixed, the end.

So if you do this to fix a cracked board, does it matter if its solid or stranded wire??
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Shouldn't matter, I've done both depending on where the repair is being done. Most times I'll flow a solid strand to help brace the board. In some cases, I've drilled the trace and placed the repair on the back side of the board if it made the repair easier to manage. Quality solder is the key here.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Shouldn't matter, I've done both depending on where the repair is being done. Most times I'll flow a solid strand to help brace the board. In some cases, I've drilled the trace and placed the repair on the back side of the board if it made the repair easier to manage. Quality solder is the key here.

Noted!! Thank You.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • Just wanted to update this! After going through my old emails I realized that I missed a email from Polk back in late march about parts being available now. Awesome news! I'm now pretty excited about the possibility of getting my speaker working so fingers crossed and I'll update this later!
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    I haven't been around much but you did sound like that guy XCapri a lot. He's gone way long time now.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc