Anyone else glad it’s FINALLY over?

Options
2»

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    ynyfrdsd7f7m.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I guess I don't know crap either. I didn't know Jag made a 6 cylinder! Relax. :#

If I had had the money to buy one, I'd have done some research into the models that were available and found out if 6 cyl. were more or less than the 12 cyl. models. Anybody else willing to chime in on their ignorance of Jag having a 6 cyl. model in that body style?

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Didn't we fight two wars over here, so we wouldn't have to care who got married over there?

LOL...yep, nor care what they thought about what happens here. I know it's their tradition and all, but the Monarchy is long gone and really there for the show. An expensive show, as the people still fund some of that crap.

I don't wish ill will on the newlyweds, but the elitist "stink" still hovers. Personally, I thought her dress was horrible too. My niece had a better wedding dress. and the royals have a lot more cash than her.

Her dress kind of got to me too...Imagine the unmitigated gall that gal had to wear white concidering all the mileage on her odometer....
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Options
    You realize we have at least a week going over the event itself, who wore what, who wore it best, what drama happened, what drama the rumors say happened, etc?

I thank god my wife doesnt pay attention to any of that.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I guess I don't know crap either. I didn't know Jag made a 6 cylinder! Relax. :#

If I had had the money to buy one, I'd have done some research into the models that were available and found out if 6 cyl. were more or less than the 12 cyl. models. Anybody else willing to chime in on their ignorance of Jag having a 6 cyl. model in that body style?

All Jaguar cars prior to 1971 were fitted with a variant of the XK-6 inline 6 cylinder engine. The 12 cylinder did not see production until 1971 in the E-type, and 1972 for other models.

The early 6 cylinder cars, in roadster form are far mor desirable to a collector than the later V-12’s due to the latter cars being quite nose heavy, which resulted in handling characteristics that were not as good as the earlier cars.

The car featured during the wedding is called the Concept Zero, and was built by Jaguar to showcase their ability to introduce a fully electric drivetrain into their classic designs. This particular car is a 1968 model.

If you don’t know... well now you do, and my job is done.

And yes, I used google to learn about the Concept Zero... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I didn't watch any of it since, one, I don't care, and two, it occurred during beer drinking music time. However, she did look very attractive, and I wish them both to have a great life.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

If you don’t know... well now you do, and my job is done.

The more ya know. :wink:
    very interesting history of the Jaguars that I didn't even know was there!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Jaguar has a fascinating history, and arguably more so than The Ferrari/Lamborghini story, which is worthy of a Hollywood blockbuster. William Lyons started the company while building sidecars for motorcycles....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Options
    So Jaguar converted this Jag to an electric vehicle in it's factory?

I'm going to search the Concept Zero now. ;)

Thanks for the tip, John. B)
  • Tony M
    Options
    So they will change any Jag from that long-lived series to an electric if you want them to. But you have to have deep pockets I would imagine. They even change the dash to digital! Cool. B) Headlights to LED. B)
    59x7o1cx8rzk.png
    fnrnwt7zhjda.png
    n0q0rp9y2i69.png
    icbytmv57kwy.png

If I hit the Lottery, getting my hands on an electric Jag would be on my bucket list near the top for sure. Maybe getting the new Tesla sports car that does 0-60 in 3.3 secs. also. :o
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    The conversion is only good on the 6 cylinder cars. The V12’s cannot be done at the present time.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Just a bit more on the Jaguar V12.... it was developed for this car.

z06xnhhy1ynn.jpeg

The XJ-13 was supposed to return Jaguar to racing in the mid sixties, but the car was wrecked pretty badly during testing and was deemed at the time a total loss, and no further work was done. I have seen the restored car in person, and there is no doubt that the 12 cylinder Jag was far more advanced than the Ferrari of the same era, and would have been the car to take on the GT40 Fords that came to dominate in the 1960’s.

The engine, in a vastly de-tuned version was resurrected and found its way to production in the 1971 E-type.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    I'd rather look at cracks in the sidewalk than that wedding crap!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited May 2018
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    I'd rather look at cracks in the sidewalk than that wedding crap!

This thread is about a wedding? I thought it was about Jaguar Cars. :D

• dromunds
    Options
    Sorry. Carry on.
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    Did Major Hewitt attend?
    [
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    miner wrote: »
    Did Major Hewitt attend?

Uncle Albert and Admiral Halsey were not on the guest list either. No word yet on whether or not Sgt. Pepper or Billy Shears showed up.

• dromunds
    Options
    Yeah, but they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.
  • Tony M
    Options
    Major Tom couldn't make it either. :(
  • Tony M
    Options
    My wife laughed pretty hard when she saw this. They have these where she works every so often. So she could relate. :D
    da9j7lq6eq36.png
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    5bz7ua07h6zj.jpg
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Tony M
    Options
    That's the full facebook picture post. LOL.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    I don't do Facebook so I didn't see anyone talking about this on the Internet besides this thread and I never heard anyone talk about this in person so I guess it being over makes no difference to me because it never even started in my world.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk