Pretty good buy

rpf65
rpf65 Posts: 2,127
https://onecall.com/onkyo-tx-rz810-7-2-channel-av-receiver

Thought that someone may find this worth a second look.
Not affiliated nor a fanboy.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited May 2018
    This really seems like a GREAT deal!

I would love to hook this thing up to a lot of my speakers around the Cottages front room!

I was thinking when I looked at the ad:

Most people were scared of a 5.1 receiver's rear inputs and outputs. My wife and step-daughter, my sister and nephew and my sister's boyfriend all are CONFUSED for some reason when it comes to a receiver. So maybe the more Manufacturers are targeting us, the knowledgeable, they're scaring the others into oblivion. Just look at options we have on the back of this beauty. I LIKE! Others see Frightning Complexity. Even though it's all explained in words in a contained incircled area with in and out spelled in English.
    qevgjmrycolj.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Onkyo isn’t a popular brand here, and I can understand with their history of board failures, and of course my personal issue with AccueEQ.

Saw this and figured that if somebody was looking for something budget friendly, this may be of interest. If I were looking for an AVR for something like a bedroom, or a game room, I might consider it.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited May 2018
    Onkyo makes a nice receiver. But everyone I know, me included, has had an HDMI board failure. Pre/pros included. Wouldn't consider one, ever.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    If they would admit and support the problem/fix they'd open up their market and make oodles. I love my only, but... It needs a HDMI board. And they don't make them. And no one else supports them (likely a patent issue). DIY fixes are prohibitive and don't cover all possible issues.

Factory repaired boards aren't covered when they fail (again). And unfortunately the closest factory approved repair site is ~80 miles from me. A new board cannot be purchased by itself for DIY installation.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    When most people look at this;
    l69acuktzjb4.png

They think of this;
    ftf7ileljhaz.png

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Tony M wrote: »
    When most people look at this;
    l69acuktzjb4.png

They think of this;
    ftf7ileljhaz.png

I seem to have about that many wires running to my AVRs...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    OK
    That install is jacked
    Those wires were already coming across the wire way, why not place the cabinets correctly and run cables down in the cabinets properly :#:#:#
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    That bottom picture is supposed to be a HOME AUTOMATED INSTALLATION. :o

What does a house need with that much wire/cabling?

Has anybody here on this forum seen or done an install like this?

If I saw the backs of all those pieces and had to connect it all, I'd have to say, give me about 3 days... please? :D