Duelund CAST Resistors
Jantzen Inductors + C-Coil
Supra Rondo Internal Wiring
Point to point
WBT Binding Post
DH Labs Q-10 SDA Cable

p64lnm0b5p8g.jpg

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Comments

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,238
    So looking forward to your illustrated progress on this.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,580
    WOW! B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,216
    Can’t wait to see the finished project.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • ptrooperptrooper Posts: 233
    xxoc60dwgqop.png
    qp879j9f0kzm.png
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,064
    wgcqu5jsdl5h.jpg

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,780
    Where are the installation pics?
    Hasn't left this side of the pond yet, have a part for Sean coming then they ship out :)

Toolfan66 wrote: »

I’ll make sure to take some pics
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

I’ll make sure to take some pics
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,972
    Be sure to take some pics. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

dglz4pyix91l.jpg sounding tight

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,217
    Bet the low end sucks.....
    Actually, not really. The bass is great with the drivers half towards the floor.

Ive always been surprised how the mods sound free air, when you leave the room, you can hardly tell they are free air versus in an enclosure. The bass is not as forceful or the impact but it is there.

• honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 1,964
    What's the reason for the caps being on the outside?
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
    They wont fit inside :) Some people also feel external crossovers sound better since they are not exposed to much vibration... ymmv

edited May 20
    This is a close representation of what they sound like free air

Bad news ,The fedex plane carrying my xovers that Vr3 built crashed around a week ago.
    Good news though , the only two box's that were retrievable at the crash site were mine due to their packaging.
    eihrnrwq7vu9.jpg
    Im a little busy right now but i will bang some pictures up when i start the project!
    Ok. Got a lunch break in and installed these x overs. Thank you again to Trey and Dave for your excellent services
    Pictures to follow.
    Mmmmm. Cant load them from iPhone. B.B. L
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,780
    Looking forward to them..
    I've seen pics, they look like terminators

ckvo2e0tnq4k.jpeg

p16kyuh75vp1.jpg
    2bno34ribkhs.jpg
    ms204j70kguk.jpg
    ba05p10cjd87.jpg
    fo7e1oxprz6y.jpg
    tkn6dut5uvb3.jpg
    ytb4u3f80b28.jpg
    hxznp0ykbcj6.jpg
    ew7j183prnog.jpg
    drg9k4wibhqn.jpg
    the stands slightly modified from Larry's specs so as to not breech copyrights .19 kilo's of lead shotw2c1t5h99ncm.jpg
    tfmtfe80b7he.jpg
    s83hq5uhjnm0.jpg
    unlm5ag4g9g1.jpg
    edited August 6
    The Notorious Larry's Rings. I find them to be even better after glueing them in, more so in the SRS's.I just wiped power grab along the edge internally making sure that none enters the threaded area.....so how many inch's of steel are in the SRS'S installed with theses rings..? I lovem.
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,063
    Very nice Sean! Enjoy them!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,972
    I see you got the labels off.

Those look bada$$.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• xschopxschop Posts: 828
    I thought the factory enclosures could possibly benefit from a front to back cross-brace. Will you reinforce the area you cut out?
    Looks great.