FS or Trade SDA SRS 2

2»

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    CH46E wrote: »
    Ive never listened to the emit tweeters. Have always wanted to.

They emit...
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Dang it FestYboy beat me to it...
    The EMITs are truly incredible. My (relatively) untrained ear finds them to be incredibly transparent and clear. A little on the brighter side, but I enjoy that.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Lets do a 3 week swap?
  • mlistens03
    Hmm... tempting offer, I’ll have to think about it. Probably not though, sorry.
  • FestYboy
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Are you kidding me!?!? Do it, you young fool. That is amazing offer, I swear it will open your eyes (so to speak), and you very likely will not want to swap back.
  • mlistens03
    edited May 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »

Are you kidding me!?!? Do it, you young fool. That is amazing offer, I swear it will open your eyes (so to speak), and you very likely will not want to swap back.

I know I am a young fool! :tongue:
    the real issue is, I'm not allowed to. As soon as he said that my day was made but I got shot down by parents :disappointed:
    EDIT: besides, the only amp i have that can safely drive them is broken, so i would get to look at them for 3 weeks, because the repair place said 2 weeks to fix the Crown, and we cant get it there till next week.
    Post edited by mlistens03 on
  • FestYboy
    Iirc, the start time for the exchange was never finalized... It could happen anytime.

But that's skirting the issue: their house, their rules. And I imagine they're trying to save you from the rabbit hole.
  • mlistens03
    Iirc, the start time for the exchange was never finalized... It could happen anytime.

But that's skirting the issue: their house, their rules. And I imagine they're trying to save you from the rabbit hole.

I don’t think that is the real issue, I think the real problem is the value of the speakers. If I were to damage something, all the money I’ve had in the past 5 years couldn’t pay for it!
    They know it’s too late to save me from the rabbit hole. :lol:
  • CH46E

the real issue is, I'm not allowed to. As soon as he said that my day was made but I got shot down by parents :disappointed:
    EDIT: besides, the only amp i have that can safely drive them is broken, so i would get to look at them for 3 weeks, because the repair place said 2 weeks to fix the Crown, and we cant get it there till next week.

What place did you find to fix an amp local? I cant find anyone and cant get anyone to return my emails or phone calls.

The only thing that concerns me with moving the SRS 2 is my back and the magnets shifting.

I still have the RTA11T ill trade you. They are very minty and a lot lighter! ;)
  • mlistens03

What place did you find to fix an amp local? I cant find anyone and cant get anyone to return my emails or phone calls.

Place called Jaydon Electronics in Orlando, it was suggested by Crown and is certified by them for repair. He fixes all kinds of pro stuff. I don’t know if he will fix home gear. I wouldn’t go to him personally, but it’s either him or ship it half way across the country...

I still have the RTA11T ill trade you. They are very minty and a lot lighter! ;)

I’m starting to make long term plans, and they require money, not more speakers, but I will keep it I need mind if they don’t sell. Thanks for the offer!
  • CH46E

Place called Jaydon Electronics in Orlando, it was suggested by Crown and is certified by them for repair. He fixes all kinds of pro stuff. I don’t know if he will fix home gear. I wouldn’t go to him personally, but it’s either him or ship it half way across the country...

I’m starting to make long term plans, and they require money, not more speakers, but I will keep it I need mind if they don’t sell. Thanks for the offer!

No problem man! Thanks for the amp repair info. The last place i called did not even know whay a NAD Amp was. I just told him nevermind. Looks like im going to have to ship this amp for refresh. "The Amp Guys" wont return calls or emails.
  • mlistens03

No problem man! Thanks for the amp repair info. The last place i called did not even know whay a NAD Amp was. I just told him nevermind. Looks like im going to have to ship this amp for refresh. "The Amp Guys" wont return calls or emails.

I would still try Jaydon, just because there is a hope, and even though reviews say he’s a little pricey, he seems to get the job done and done well. He also has *supposedly* hunted for parts of high end keyboards and mixers and stuff from the 80s that you will never find ever... and found them, repaired, and returned to the owner, going above and beyond his call of duty. You could probably give him a call to see if he would do it.