Anyone else glad it’s FINALLY over?

daddyjt
daddyjt Posts: 2,307
The Royal wedding...

I mean no offense to anyone that follows the lives of these people, but WHY the fascination from our media? It’s been non stop for months now - I just don’t get it.
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    Golf - lol! I’ll up the ante and say bowling!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I could care less
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Wait til he knocks her up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    nbrowser wrote: »
    I'd rather watch paint dry, a pot of water boil, golf on TV...all more entertaining than the royal BS and guess what...I'm in Canada...a country kinda somewhat still beholden to the queen and all that crap.

I think they still have live feeds of big logs burning on Norwegian TV. Just wanted to mention that.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    lightman1 wrote: »
    mantis wrote: »
    I could care less

Couldn't ;)

Just to play Devil's advocate for a moment:
    Maybe he could care less.
    Sometime's it's a process.
    A journey, you know, not a destination.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    It all makes sense when you think they can trace their lineage back to almost the start of time. Seriously.

I've seen some VERY impressive family tree wall posters. Rich marrying the rich. That's the norm. And guys marrying virgins is the preffered cerimony too. I know. Pomp and circumstance. :D:pB)

Great Britain takes their Royal Family VERY SERIOUSLY, as if it's their own flesh and blood.

So bringing in a foreigner and a bi-racial person on top of that, into that lineage is a sign of the times for the Royal Family. He's 6th in line to be King. Probably never will be, but it's there.

I think the people feel so well governed there, they want the family to look like they're in touch with the common people every chance they can. In the old days, Prince Henry would've never been allowed to date a foreigner, let alone a bi-racial one.

Now the next step is for a **** wedding to take place. That would be the ultimate acceptance of the Royal family to accknowlege what societies in most countries are accepting more and more now too. I don't think I'll be alive then, but it will probably happen. But not to this much fan-fare probably. But who can tell the future?...not me.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    mantis wrote: »
    I could care less

Couldn't ;)

Just to play Devil's advocate for a moment:
    Maybe he could care less.
    Sometime's it's a process.
    A journey, you know, not a destination.

Just judging from his finite statement regarding his disdain for the Royal nuptials.
    Good call though, Doc.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    My wife watched a bit of it and after a whole bunch of "oh brother" from me, she
    sent me out of the room to listen to music which I gladly did :D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Tony M wrote: »
    It all makes sense when you think they can trace their lineage back to almost the start of time. Seriously.

Big deal...we all have lineage going back just as far, there's is just recorded better. Not that it matters anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    So TRUE, so true! :D

I've thought about that off and on over the years. I've met 2 people from 2 different average families who were compiling their family trees. But to see those tightly recorded family trees is something to behold..They're huge! Like big mighty oaks.

It boggles my mind how only the best sperm is supposed to get to an egg first.

Not anymore it seems. :s Previous statement is not dirrected toward the newly wed couple from today in the slightest!
    Just in general while thinking about the school Children shooting IDIOTS we have nowadays.
  • Tony M
    tonyb wrote: »

Big deal...we all have lineage going back just as far, there's is just recorded better. Not that it matters anyway.

If our lineage went back to a kingdom, we might have a different lifestyle to follow. Less monetary worries I would imagine!
  • tonyb
    tonyb wrote: »

If our lineage went back to a kingdom, we might have a different lifestyle to follow. Less monetary worries I would imagine!

They probably do, but the lack of proper record keeping keeps many from their due. Sometimes that lack of record keeping is on purpose too, keep the riff raff out of the bloodline. :)

Nobodies lineage stops and starts again, we are all somewhat related....somewhere. Some are just MORE related than others. A Monarchy needs to have that record keeping, to afford proper passage of power....and money. Poor folks don't keep records because there is nothing to pass along.

We all still have a lineage though, just the same as any royal, just that nobody cares enough to keep records of poor people.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    That there what you explained is well said. ;)

I know where I fall.

Then again, I'll leave a lot more than my parents, my brother and sister ever thought of. But they partied a lot, where I didn't. So who had the better life? Probably equal to our own desires. :DB)o:)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Most of them were inbred anyway
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited May 2018
    I can appreciate the wedding. I’m all for other people being happy. My wife and I watched parts of the wedding, I found it enjoyable to witness. It brought back some memories and reminded me of how I felt when I married my wife 7 years ago.

It’s perfectly fine not to be interested or care, but I think the world can do without any more negativity or ill will to people we don’t even know personally or much less ever met.
    Post edited by Joey_V on
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Who got married?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    F1nut wrote: »
    Who got married?

DJ Mackle, er . . . Macklemore. Dunno, not in to it. YMMV
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Didn't we fight two wars over here, so we wouldn't have to care who got married over there?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    F1nut wrote: »
    Who got married?
    Laurel and Yanni
    k3pgebhz78zg.jpg

• tonyb
    Didn't we fight two wars over here, so we wouldn't have to care who got married over there?

LOL...yep, nor care what they thought about what happens here. I know it's their tradition and all, but the Monarchy is long gone and really there for the show. An expensive show, as the people still fund some of that crap.

I don't wish ill will on the newlyweds, but the elitist "stink" still hovers. Personally, I thought her dress was horrible too. My niece had a better wedding dress. and the royals have a lot more cash than her.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    My wife just showed me a picture of Camila's hat. :s
    wsvxmpdrcgoh.png

The poster said it looked like Owens Corning pink insulation. :)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I'm not really a fan of the royalties, but respect their tradition. Did not watch at all, but when I was watching the news, this caught my eye. A jaguar E-type!
    zt79smngl0sd.png
    Dang I got punked! Interesting note on the jag - it's an electric! Punked again! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    verb wrote: »
    I'm not really a fan of the royalties, but respect their tradition. Did not watch at all, but when I was watching the news, this caught my eye. A jaguar E-type!
    zt79smngl0sd.png
    Dang I got punked! Interesting note on the jag - it's an electric! Punked again! :smile:

I built that HUGE model of that car that had working stearing AND headlights and doors and hood. You used the stearing wheel to turn the wheels. One of the top 5 models I ever built! It was RED!

Those Jags have the most complicated engines to work on I was told. It's no wonder they junked the motor and put batteries in it instead. That's COOL to know! B)

I didn't hear that. I saw them drive off in it but must've had the volume down or I was reading/looking at something on my PC at the same time. Glancing back and forth.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    zt79smngl0sd.png

Those Jags have the most complicated engines to work on I was told. It's no wonder they junked the motor and put batteries in it instead. That's COOL to know! B)

I didn't hear that. I saw them drive off in it but must've had the volume down or I was reading/looking at something on my PC at the same time. Glancing back and forth.

They do. V12's. Very complicated and historically fraught with issues. British engineering! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    At least now I can get back to the Kardashians now, and also my MTV with its phenomenal programming.
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034

They do. V12's. Very complicated and historically fraught with issues. British engineering! :smile:

You don’t know crap about Jaguar... this particular example would have been fitted with a straight six. The 12 cylinder cars were not available until mid-way through the series three E-types. This car is clearly a series 1 car due to the bonnet and headlamp covers.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson