Access restricted

Options
This really bugs me. Apple decided to turn on the parental lock on my tablet, which might be a good thing, but it cuts out the weirdest things, like craigslist (although I’ve found ways to get around that one) random threads, random pages, etc. my parents said they did t turn it on, so I don’t know how it happened. Here is the screen I get when I try to click some pages:
aiafmcl49x6o.png
I just don’t understand what caused this. Any of you know of a bug and how to fix it? If I click allow access it asks for a 4 digit password no one in my family knows.
Thanks,
Micah

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Are you sure your parents didn't do it? Have you made your bed, cleaned your room, and completed all your chores? :p
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Did your homework and brushed your teeth?.....
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Or tooth if he is from North Carolina. :p
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    Chances are either 1. your parents did it or 2. someone hacked your iPad and is messing with you. Least likely is that 3. it is a bug.

If it is a bug, easiet way to fix it is to back up to computer or iCloud and restore the iPad. If you cannot do that without the four digit pin, then back to answer 1 or 2...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    Hey guys leave the kid alone. Maybe in a couple of years you'll be shipping your crossovers to him for his magic touch.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    dkfreebird wrote: »

Or tooth if he is from North Carolina. :p

,,, or Maine.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    My parents have said that they didn’t do it, maybe I turned it on on accident?
    The weird thing is, it doesn’t block anything that should be blocked, it just blocks a few random sites. (By the way, I’m not looking for things that should be blocked, but when there is a site that should be something, but is something else... you know what I mean.)
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Are you sure your parents didn't do it? Have you made your bed, cleaned your room, and completed all your chores? :p

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
    Maybe they aren’t happy with me for having 7 pairs of speakers. :tongue:
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,427
    Options
    You figure this out yet, dude?

As rooftop says, seems like 1, 2, or 3.

Quick reading says if you don't have the passcode, the device has to be reset and set up as a new device. Restoring from a previous backup, apparently, doesn't remove the restriction. Has to be new device, and then I suppose you could get all your iCloud stuff synced after.

And then maybe you should pinlock your iPad to prevent your parents from unauthorized access. For their own protection, I mean.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Well I don’t know if I care enough to go through all of that, I will just continue to go to my computer for random threads and craigslist.
    Thanks again for your help,
    Micah
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,427
    Options
    Man, really? That would annoy me to no end. I could see wanting to deal with it if it were an Android device that you'd highly customized, but Apple stuff's not quite as customizable without widgets and custom screens, themes, and such.

Curious, have you tried another browser, like Chrome or Firefox? Wondering if this is just an odd hiccup with "Safari" (do they call it that on iOS?)
    I disabled signatures.
  • mlistens03
    edited May 2018
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Man, really? That would annoy me to no end. I could see wanting to deal with it if it were an Android device that you'd highly customized, but Apple stuff's not quite as customizable without widgets and custom screens, themes, and such.

Curious, have you tried another browser, like Chrome or Firefox? Wondering if this is just an odd hiccup with "Safari" (do they call it that on iOS?)

Yes it is called Safari. I never thought about using a different browser, I think I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    This site and link may help. Restoring as new is the easiest way I would think.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3879688

Good luck.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Finally got around to trying Google Chrome, and it isn’t working, but that I should because I’m on a weird WiFi that only chooses certain websites to connect to. I’ve always liked safari but this is easily a thousand times better. I’ve liked Microsoft Edge as well for my laptop, but with the whole “tab switching” thing I can do, I might switch, at least to try it.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Hey guys leave the kid alone. Maybe in a couple of years you'll be shipping your crossovers to him for his magic touch.

That's a whole lot of truth to be truthful....
  • mlistens03
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »

If all goes well, you guys will be on my companies audio forum... :naughty: