Any aquarium keepers?

CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,521
Salt or fresh water. Every since i tore mine down in Seattle to move to FL i have not set them back up. I sure miss them. I will see if i can find some pics of my Saltwater before the tear down.

Lets see"em if you got"em.

Best Answer

Answers

• 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    geez... I kept tanks for a decade, but never took pictures. Pre-digital age.
    I miss them as well, but time and space are both in short supply. I was a South American/African cichlid guy.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Raised Discus and large south and central American cichlids for 35 yrs. Two years ago had to tear down my fish room :/
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    My dad had a few saltwater tanks, he had a smaller one and a bigger one. The bigger one had coral and fish that wouldn’t eat the coral, the smaller one didn’t have coral but it had a bunch of beautiful fish that would’ve eaten it if it was there. There was also a pufferfish in the smaller tank, it was pretty cool! I’ll see if I can find pics later.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Last tank I had was a 150 gallon I got from a eatery that used it for a lobster holding tank...Had a Clown Knife that grew to a little over two foot in it before I had to give it to a local shop..They put that fish on display..never sold it that I know of..was an interesting fish that dude was...do miss having a tank around too..all the wife's potted plants in the house loved being watered with that tank water...
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    Get a saltwater tank, get snails to keep the glass clean, get shrimps to clean the inside. Keep fish that won't eat your cleaners, keep it low hassle! Use the KISS method as in life...

I've had 50+ gallons for years, much enjoyment to be had, living in southern AZ, I had friends go down to Cabo, chuck rocks into a cooler and bring them back for my tank, got many very cool wonders, long armed starfish, anomones , beware the sea cucumber, it realeases a toxin when it dies and all your invertabrate's die with it.
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • mlistens03
    stuwee wrote: »
    beware the sea cucumber, it realeases a toxin when it dies and all your invertabrate's die with it.
    This is why everything in our tank died! The sea cucumber died and the next day everything was dead! :open_mouth:
  • CH46E
    Got any pics???
  • CH46E
    l21yprbctr5t.jpg
    fhvsml6aman2.jpg

My 40 breeder. In the begining stages. I thought i had better photos.
  • mlistens03
    I don’t know, I will ask at some point and post them if we do.