Farewell to OPPO Electronics

1234568»

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2018
    Yea, I was thinking of saying a PM is coming. But as soon as I did, I feel I'd get an email from OPPO saying reserve application for their last model has been accepted and it will come with a 200.00 discount or something.

Seriously, I've thought about your player a lot! Half the price.... It's almost a no-brainer and I'm shocked you still have it.

My 401K went up enough to warrant me getting yours, :p but I want to see if my, new to me, OPPO 93 plays HDCDs first.

If my 401K took another blow, :s I'd definitely not want to buy the new OPPO 205 if they emailed me and said it was available for me.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2018
    Thank you.
    I don't know about that model.
    I just went to the web and looked at some reviews. You got a great deal! Great player!

I've been collecting CDs for a looooong time and rarely see HDCDs when ever I see a bunch together for sale.

The best CD collection I ever bought, well maybe top 4ish, was a relaxation type collection. All kinds of new age artists. There were samplers too and every disc was clean too.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Some day I will upgrade my basic TV from a 1998 Panasonic 32” CRT to a new TV with an HDMI input. My original plan was to use the Oppo 103 I have stored in the garage with it, but reading this thread reminded me of how much I love the Oppo 203 with my 75” Sony Z9D TV in the HT. So, I just ordered another 203. Now I have both a spare, and am ready to go when I get a new TV.

Anybody want a free TV?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    I see those CRT's on the side of the road all the time. Heck, even I put a NICE JVC w/builtin DVD in it on the side of the road. I had to call the CITY to come pick it up. I put IT WORKS on a sign on it too. It sat for a week. :(
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    MY grandma had a Sony Triton TV, I think it was a 65 inch, and when she replaced it with her new fancy 4k LG TV, it took, me, my dad, and my grandpa just to get it out the door. It sat for a month, and I think someone came to get it but then hurt themselves trying to get it in their truck and gave up. Eventually it went to the dump.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited May 2018
    I had one of those 200lb 34" Sony CRT TVs years ago. I took advantage of Best Buy's haul it away for free when you buy a flat screen TV program. Winning.
  • BlueFox
    That's a good idea. My second Oppo 201 arrives today, and I need a TV to use it.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    BlueFox wrote: »
    That's a good idea. My second Oppo 201 arrives today, and I need a TV to use it.

201??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Some day I will upgrade my basic TV from a 1998 Panasonic 32” CRT

Anybody want a free TV?

Turn it into an aquarium? :)

HAHAHA this was my plan when my Grandma got rid of her Sony Triton! Lol
  • BlueFox
    vmaxer wrote: »

201??

+2

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Some day I will upgrade my basic TV from a 1998 Panasonic 32” CRT

Anybody want a free TV?

Turn it into an aquarium? :)

Won't work fish will die off. The frit seal glue holding the funnel and panel together has led in it. Add all the other chemicals that are in it and nope it would be a quick death roll for the fish.

The lot where Sony had the CRT plant in San Diego is still empty. They tore down the building but nothing has taken its place. Guess the ground is to screwed up.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Tony M
    I just got an Email from OPPO... :):pB)

Thank you for your interest in the OPPO UDP-205. As we get closer to availability, we need to verify the e-mail addresses that have been registered. Please click on the link below to validate your e-mail address. We will contact only validated e-mail addresses. If you no longer wish to be on the UDP-205 Interest List, do not click on the link and ignore this e-mail.
    Validate your e-mail address:
    https://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/lastbatch.aspx?email=
    Note: Do not reply to this e-mail.
    Best Regards,
    Customer Service
    OPPO Digital, Inc.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Interesting i have not got one of those yet.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited May 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Interesting i have not got one of those yet.

I'm also waiting with baited breath

EDIT: just checked email, Got It!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • BlueFox
    Since I bought a spare 203, I decided I needed a TV to go with it. So, I ordered a 65" Sony XBR-65X900F. Might be a little overkill for watching Big Bang reruns when I eat dinner, but I have 200-300 unwatched Blue Rays to view. Not all of them are HT worthy, so this TV will be fine for most of them.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Mine also came yaaa validation is done
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I love my 205 so much, I plan to use it for years to come. It would be nice if independent individuals, like the people who make the upgraded power supply, produced parts to allow us owners to upgrade/repair our units (LOL) for a long, long time.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I am on the list for a second one. I will see what the market is like and either keep it or sell item further upgrade my rig as needed.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    I got my email a few days ago as well...
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Got my 205 notice two weeks ago.
    [
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    I am still stunned...but fortunate. I was wanting a high end SACD player and a way to play my recently ripped (Flac) CD collection. I had no idea Oppo was hanging it up and just bought a 205 a couple of months ago. I just wish I had bought another one for the bedroom. These units are worth every penny.
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I will buy one to put in cryogenic suspension.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I will buy one to put in cryogenic suspension.

Like Walt Disney's head, you mean?

:)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    voltz wrote: »
    Wish I could get a 205 in silver to have Dan at Modwright dress up and it would match my Modwright combo.
    1gi65frggbat.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    Looks like it was just painted silver...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    I would like to see what Larry’s skills could do to make it look like brushed aluminum... hint-hint. B)

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    pongshi wrote: »
    I am still stunned...but fortunate. I was wanting a high end SACD player and a way to play my recently ripped (Flac) CD collection. I had no idea Oppo was hanging it up and just bought a 205 a couple of months ago. I just wish I had bought another one for the bedroom. These units are worth every penny.

Better send it to Modwright if you want a high end SACD player.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    So, Oppo 205's don't play SACD's very well? :o:#