Wilson Tune Tot

Options
13»

Comments

• aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    Options
    ...and thus I will forever be a mid-fi guy.
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,518
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    revel had a speaker where the grill that covered the tweeter and mid range was optional.
    the performa f30

Really.

Bet it wasn’t $300.

found it, grills were $240
    revel had a speaker where the grill that covered the tweeter and mid range was optional.
    the performa f30

Really.

Bet it wasn’t $300.

found it, grills were $240

Lol.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Seriously though witha name like Tune ToT...they'd be perfect for your kids Joey
    It's says it right in the name ;)

I know I know... the thought crossed my mind. Sigh...
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Seriously though witha name like Tune ToT...they'd be perfect for your kids Joey

Toy's for Tot's...baby :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Joey_V
    Options

Toy's for Tot's...baby :)

Tunes for tots aka toddlers

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    I know, right!?! You'd think TuneTots was a Playskool product, rather than high-end audio. Gotta wonder what Wilson's marketing folks were thinking...
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    They were thinking that there would be people on audio forums talking about them...3 pages so far. It's working.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    They were thinking that there would be people on audio forums talking about them...3 pages so far. It's working.
    Free advertising! :p
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Tekton doesn't include grills on their speakers either. It's $150-$200 for grills. They say theirs sound better with no grills and that why they sell them that way. Idk.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Hearing that name makes me think of this! Seriously!

https://youtu.be/vUjBn5ZtzTc
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm just not getting the logic. If the higher end players like Wilson are aiming at the Asian markets, why did I see them so often in US markets/shows ? I get that's there's a market for every wage scale, but dang if there aren't more higher end brands than you can shake a stick at.

Lets face it, these higher end brands are looking for the top 3% of wage earners, a narrow field. Why...at these shows do we not see some more down to earth brands like Salk/Taylor/Usher/PSB/totem, and a cast of hundreds more ? The only budget type of brand I ever see is Textron, which plays very well in the company it keeps. I think more people would be interested in audio in general if they could actually afford some of the products. Least carry a variety of gear aimed at different clientele. Mastersound coming out with a 1500 buck int. is a smart move in my book. It will introduce people to the brand, give them good sound, and give them some thoughts on moving up within the brand.

Much the same way Polk has a variety of series for every wallet, I don't see much of that with many other brands. When your "budget" speaker starts at 10k, something is off kilter in the logic. With so much of audio purchases being online now, and the brick and mortar stores going away or having limited inventory, doing these shows would benefit some of the lessor brands that are not found at BestBuy.

How many of you wander into a Ferrari dealer to browse ? Knowing you'll never be able to afford anything in there ? Maybe once....just to awe at the magnificent workmanship/style that goes into one. You never plan a weekend around it though do you ? Why would you do the same for audio gear ? To me anyway, audio shows are cool and all, but if the majority of stuff displayed is way out of my reach, my interests go south rather quickly.
    Post edited by tonyb on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    Options
    the mastersound box is $3000 not $1500
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Audio Review's Buyer's Guide from 1980 I believe , was the Pinnacle of Audio gear and speaker production. I still have a bunch of those old Buyers guids and the wealth of info they provided was astronomical!

You're right, It's dwindled down so much, It's hard to get exposed to some of these brands of audio gear and such except from word of mouth or that Computer algorithms that POP an ad for something that relates to a search we did. SVS POPs up all the time on my screen. I don't mind too much, since I know they sell a great product and I might buy one someday. Isn't that their goal!! To keep their product fresh in my mind? It works!

But PSB is hardly known outside of our communities. Wilson and others too.

I'm glad Polk Audio still advertises in Sound & Vision.

That's the Mag. that shows SOME affordable gear and speakers that most of us can just afford somewhat. Thay also review $$$$ stuff most of us CAN'T afford too.

What other PAPER mags. SPREADS info from the Audio World to the masses? Stereophile is the other one I know about and get also. But are there any others?

Or are Co.s targetting I-Phones and that realm?

I don't own an I-Phone yet so I don't know what POPs up on those screens.

Does anybody get Audio advertising ads on your I-Phones?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I don't get any ads on my iPhone. If I go to a web site then I will get ads. Just like on any other computer.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    I see audio related ads on safari sometimes, but they are a part of the website, not apple. I do apparently look at too much white van stuff on eBay though, that is all I ever seem to get for recommendations. that and Orb audio.
  • Joey_V
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Until recently, I think as a whole I’ve never noticed such an upwards move of pricing in the recent years. If this continues, it won’t be long before high end audio becomes out of reach and further alienate future hobbyists.
  • tonyb
    edited May 2018
    Options
    the mastersound box is $3000 not $1500

MastersounD BoX - 35 watts of single ended power for 1.490,00€

A few articles are hitting the internet now and I feel the need to 'announce' it somewhat to our members. MastersounD's new integrated amplifier, the BoX, is hitting the European market this month with other markets to follow shortly thereafter. While this amplifier holds true to the single ended designs MastersounD is known for, the chassis is a far cry from what has been released thus far. I've never been one to like enclosed tube amps, but I think they did a wonderful job on this one with the window on the front.

Power will be provided by three el34 per channel, producing 35 watts of parallel single ended power. It will also include a phono input and four other line level inputs. Best of all is the price - for those in Europe, you get all of this for an incredible price of 1.490,00€.

http://hifipickup.it/mastersound-box/

Doesn't say 3k here Marv. At todays exchange rate, roughly 1766.00 bucks American.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    Well what are those expenses then Derek ? I can't imagine that they would almost double the costs.

if I called MS direct, told them I wanted a version for the U.S. shipped to my door, that would double the price ? Something isn't right there.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ok, I get adding a remote to increase costs, check. Importing goods should not be all that much, unless they are starting to charge that stupid 15% sales tax they just voted on also. Don't we ship stuff there ? Is an American made piece thousands more in Italy ?

I don't really know, that's why I'm asking. But at 3K, it's no longer a slamming' deal in my eyes. Almost cheaper to buy a plane ticket and go bring one home yourself....or wait for them to hit the used markets.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Ok, I get adding a remote to increase costs, check. Importing goods should not be all that much, unless they are starting to charge that stupid 15% sales tax they just voted on also. Don't we ship stuff there ? Is an American made piece thousands more in Italy ?

I don't really know, that's why I'm asking. But at 3K, it's no longer a slamming' deal in my eyes. Almost cheaper to buy a plane ticket and go bring one home yourself....or wait for them to hit the used markets.

It’s the price to pay, you want something made in Italy then there’s going to be a premium over something mass produced in China. Either way, I would still say at $3000, it’s unlikely you’re going to get something of similar build for the same price. Even the Cary integrated costs more and it is not SET