Grandson is representing the local trap shooting team

Options
gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
edited May 2017 in The Clubhouse
A little road trip to Skylers meet his team made state the last meeting before the big one except we are hanging in the clubhouse hoping the rain subsides 90% chance hopefully it let's up a bit he got two new shotguns and he is not bad. He is a good shot he needs to get a least 3rd place I wish him luck.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• gudnoyez
    Options
    Here is the little sharpshooter waiting in the rain.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Awesome news Steve!

Best of luck 'dead-eye' Skyler!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Go get 'em Skyler!
    Lead left on the doubles.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,267
    Options
    ( treading delicately here )

Good luck to Skyler on his sporting event. :)

Speaking of traps and rain, we're waiting for the monsoons to quit here so that I can set out my Duffus traps. Gonna ketch us some Duffus's.

1sy0riexmkeb.jpg

..... technically speaking, I'm not derailing because I did mention traps and rain, but I'll still apologize. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,267
    Options
    BTW, The Lightman's (t.m.) advice is pretty sound.
    Again, Good Luck !
    Sal Palooza
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2017
    Options
    He is the one on the left 41 out of 50 not bad considering it was 47 windy and pouring rain, the junior team moves up to the next round and they are heading to state. Thanks for all the kind wishes.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Awesome! It's so much fun.
    I've been on a 16 year hiatus and plan to start again this summer once I acquire a new "boomer". Brother lives on 52 acres of land and we have our own thrower.

41/50 is pretty solid. Nice job!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun 52 Acres to do your thing fun I bet, we go up to the hunting shack with a thrower good times. we get a pretty good deal at his school a case of 12 guage shells $55 if you didn't go buy the case you spend money pretty fast on a few boxes at a time. A friend of Skylers is Usually upper forties he hit 48 today he is real good.
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Awesome! It's so much fun.
    I've been on a 16 year hiatus and plan to start again this summer once I acquire a new "boomer". Brother lives on 52 acres of land and we have our own thrower.

41/50 is pretty solid. Nice job!

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Go get 'em Skyler!
    Lead left on the doubles.

Go Skylar go.

The second in the doubles was always the easiest bird as I had no time to think.

Trap was never my favorite game but deepest respect to those who shoot well.

I still have and shoot dad's Winchester 101 skeet set. My last straight round was with the .410.

What does Skylar shoot? I have a Browning BT-99 trap set that has not been fired in years if the young man has need of a good set.

Post edited by littlewoodboats on
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2017
    Options
    He shoots a couple of Mossbergs, and a old but near new Remington Wingmaster 870. He definitely don't need no excuses next year on the rooster phesant that kicked up in front of him, he sure had excuses last year. But trap shooting and bird hunting are to different things, that rooster came up from right under him it spooked him a bit.
    Post edited by gudnoyez on
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• littlewoodboats
    Options
    Doing that well with field guns he should make for a fine "wing" shooter.

Never stop hammering the fundamentals. One jerked trigger can make a difference in junior match scores. Every round he fires should be a perfect round.
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, he takes this and Mountain biking, and his tunes pretty serious I can listen to Blackfoot and Charlie Daniel's, and Floyd with him and he has been to a few concerts with us, it's pretty cool we share the same hobbies and the boy can catch some fish. His buddy shoots field guns also.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    Options
    g2hi873ids2s.jpg

Well trap shooting season for the local high school teams is in full swing, Davenport, Wilton, Solon, Iowa City are going head to head this morning. Skylers team took second in state last year hope fully they get #1 this year but there is some stiff competition we will see all I know is I won't challenge him I would probably get embarrassed :(
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Steve, does the school sponsor the team? If so, that's awesome, but I fear it won't last much longer. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy seeing kids get into shooting sports, there's hope yet.
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Lots of simple folks round these parts its funded through the schools but most of us donate towards it, it is an expensive hobby, he will burn though some shells today, which are bought from the school, which is donated to the school from the ammo companies. Last year a case of 12 gauge trap was $ 55 this year its $60. Lots of fund raisers so I'm thinking it will be around a while.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Very cool! Congrats to your grandson! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Go get 'em Skyler!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Looks like the majority shoot over/unders at 30-32”. Wish school systems in Mass offered this...would never happen... :rage:
    When you get into the realm of real skeet guns, the sky is the limit on cost. Same with the ammo. I just wait for sales and buy Remington, Federal, or Winchester if they are priced low enough.

For me, i just picked up a Beretta A300 for my “everyday” boom stick. Also waiting on delivery of a Champion Wobbler Base for my thrower. 2-4 month lead time right now...bleh.

PULL!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    That’s awesome. It’s a highly underrated skill and activity that breeds discipline and concentration. And it’s fun.

My daughter has been involved in the sporter air rifle program at my range for the last three years and qualified for nationals at camp perry Ohio. This year she moved up to the precision program and will be shooting small bore as well. I wish I could adequately articulate and explain the confidence this gave her - being really good at this has allowed her to emerge from her shell. You should see the look on people’s faces when they ask,
    “What sports do you play?” And she says, “I am on the izaak Walton league rifle team.” Looks like I don’t have to do much legwork when she starts dating - she has that covered!!!!
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2018
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »
    That’s awesome. It’s a highly underrated skill and activity that breeds discipline and concentration. And it’s fun.

My daughter has been involved in the sporter air rifle program at my range for the last three years and qualified for nationals at camp perry Ohio. This year she moved up to the precision program and will be shooting small bore as well. I wish I could adequately articulate and explain the confidence this gave her - being really good at this has allowed her to emerge from her shell. You should see the look on people’s faces when they ask,
    “What sports do you play?” And she says, “I am on the izaak Walton league rifle team.” Looks like I don’t have to do much legwork when she starts dating - she has that covered!!!!

Good for her a confidence builder indeed hope she continues to do well.
    jjbv13uixt2r.jpg

His buddy on the left shot 39 of 50, Skyler got 37 of 50 it was cold and rainy so I cut him some slack, there gonna have to do better, also, I think they were distracted by a couple of girls on one of the other teams that were doing very well.
    yqct79oqd0b4.jpg
    A action shot one of the 37 he got it just started raining.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Very cool.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This topic reminded me of that Andy Griffith Show episode when Andy thought he would teach that woman how to shoot skeet. ( I think it was) And she was the State Champion but he didn't know it. Also, he lost a chance to date her some more... :s:#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Gail Davis...she also played Annie Oakley ;)
    https://youtu.be/R3-fT8KXeUQ
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited May 2018
    Options
    That's it!!

One of the BEST episodes EVER!!

"It's the end of an era!" BF :'(:D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.