Monitor 7c has polyfill behind tweeter but not behind passive radiator

MrBlackCrow
MrBlackCrow Posts: 23
edited May 2018 in Vintage Speakers
Like the title says, when I opened up the speakers I found a roll of polyfill towards the top of the speakers behind the tweeter area but not in the bottom of the speakers behind the passive radiator area. I heard someone else stating that their 7c’s were filled in this same manner. I just happen to have some extra polyfill roll here and I wonder if before I put the speakers back together I should throw some behind where the passive radiator is. Maybe Polk filled the 7c’s this way on purpose though and I shouldn’t mess w/ it.
Music Hall MMF-2.2 > Musical Fidelity V-LPS 2 or NAD C 516BEE > Emotiva XSP-1 G2 > Emotiva UPA-1 (x2) > vintage Polk Audio monitor 7c TL modded w/ Sonicaps and mills & RD0-198’s
Post edited by MrBlackCrow on

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    No poly fill behind the passive. It will negatively affect the bass response.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Do not mess with it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk