Vacation!

Options
On Wednesday this past week we left for Palm Beach. And it wasn’t an uneventful trip.
Within 10 minutes of leaving home the Mercedes R350 started acting up, so we dropped it at the Mercedes dealer and went to the Hertz dealer, and got a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was nice, but thank goodness it’s going back to Hertz today.
Anyway, we drove down to Palm Beach in about 3 hours, and stayed at a nice hotel along the beach. The beach was really rough and couldn’t really be swum (swimmed? Swam? I dunno) in, but there was a huge pool, so that worked out ok. Then on Friday we left for home, and had several stops along the way, first of which was a Reningers flea market (it’s almost a chain of flea markets, with a few here and there). While we were there I got a Technics SU-v75, along with the matching tuner (sounds pretty good on the Mission 770s!). Then we got lost and somehow ended up on Merritt island, so we visited some family while we were over there. Then, after 2 hours of visiting, we went on our way and found a manatee viewing point that still had tons of manatees out! We hung out there for half an hour, watching the manatees. Then, we got lost again and went on a nature drive, but we forgot that we needed gas so we almost got stuck out there. After that, it was a pretty uneventful drive home, and we got there around 9:30. We turned a 3 hour drive into a 9 hour adventure! :tongue:
All in all, it was a nice trip, and we had a lot of fun, and brought some equipment back as well. And, if anyone is in the area, I recommend finding this place, called MRAM Engineering Plus. It is like a used electronics store, and I got the Technics at their flea market location. We are gonna try to go at some point in the future, and I am looking forward to it.
Micah

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    There's a Reningers up my way as well (near Denver PA). Nice snag on the Technics.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    There's a Reningers up my way as well (near Denver PA). Nice snag on the Technics.

Overall I like Reningers a lot, but the one near us is all very artsy or is genuinely old (as in like antique) stuff. The one we went to was awesome though, all sorts of electronics stuff, computers, audio equipment,etc.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    did you see the manatees at Haulover canal and do the Black Point Nature Road in the Merritt Island nature refuge by chance....where abouts in Central Fl are you, I'm in Titusville
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Options
    @NotaSuv Have you ever eaten at dixie crossroads in Titusville? Is it still great food? Wonderful place for fresh (or frozen) rock shrimp!! Wow its been at least 20 - 25 years since Ive been there to eat. Wonderful area. Time flies...
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • mlistens03
    edited May 2018
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    did you see the manatees at Haulover canal and do the Black Point Nature Road in the Merritt Island nature refuge by chance....where abouts in Central Fl are you, I'm in Titusville

Yes, I did! I am about a half hour out of Orlando, in a town which I am unfortunately not allowed to mention. Parents :neutral:
    Manticore wrote: »
    @NotaSuv Have you ever eaten at dixie crossroads in Titusville? Is it still great food? Wonderful place for fresh (or frozen) rock shrimp!! Wow its been at least 20 - 25 years since Ive been there to eat. Wonderful area. Time flies...

I was there about 3 months ago, and it was amazing. Love their food.
  • mlistens03
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Here are some pics of the Technics, looks very nice, and is built pretty well inside as far as I can tell. Sounds awesome too!
    r0dw6b1v4078.jpg
    9xwi19a18gz6.jpg
    girepwxjk52c.jpg
    It has a pretty weird heat sink inside, maybe that’s a normal thing but I’ve never seen one like that.
    The bass is a little light, but a little bit of bass adjustment fixes that very easily.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options

you ate there during its hey day.....when the second generation of family took over it dropped a bit and prices rose but still a great place to eat at......they also have their own fleet of fishing boats and a great fresh fish market....can't beat their fresh rock shrimp
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Options

NotaSuv wrote: »

you ate there during its hey day.....when the second generation of family took over it dropped a bit and prices rose but still a great place to eat at......they also have their own fleet of fishing boats and a great fresh fish market....can't beat their fresh rock shrimp

The broiled rock shrimp with butter was to die for! You could buy frozen bricks of rock shrimp behind the restaurant to bring home. Very cheap but, then the prices doubled and then some. Made a great product almost not worth it price wise (almost). Thanks for the info. I will still visit them in the future. I used to have family in New Symnra and Edgwater but, that was a lifetime ago. Great memories :):):)
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's