Options

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Hi Vic - Get better soon bro! My brother has had MS for over 20 years now. He gets IV treatments at Rush Hospital in Chicago once/month. My thoughts are now with you everyday as they are with my brother's. Keep us posted!

That's where I went to medical school... very cool place

What made you chose Texas over staying in Illinois?

Several reasons. State tax (but Property taxes in Texas are killer so it's almost a wash).

But mostly because of malpractice climate in Illinois.

THere's a brain drain there, there's a reason why they say don't get into a car wreck south of Peoria. There are no neurosurgeons south of there.

With the decreasing doctor reimbursements (more into insurance pockets and managerial/executive salaries and bonuses) and increasing risk exposure, I said bye to Chicago.

I was supposed to live there forever.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Hey folks!

I just want to give you all a quick update.

I will receive my last IV steroid dose on Sunday. Then I’ll start an oral steroid taper.

I’ll transfer to inpatient therapy for PT and OT on Monday and I should be there for about 2 weeks.

I am getting stronger! Thankfully. No ‘rood rage either because we spread it out at lower doses over a 5-day period.

Thank you all for the support!!! You totally rock! My wife informs me that some care packages from members of the forum arrived and I’m extremely humbled by your graciousness and generosity. Even through all the changes over the years, this is still the best forum out there!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Glad you're doing OK.

CP's from members...That's cool! B);):)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • halo
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Glad you're doing OK.

CP's from members...That's cool! B);):)

Ya man! Vinyl care packages!
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    Glad to hear Victor. Keep pushing forward.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • halo
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Glad to hear Victor. Keep pushing forward.

H9

Will do!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I'm telling ya Vic....
    Jumper cables..... ;)
    Maybe a pinch of tannerite under that chair and swift kick to your posterior...
    You'll be running in no time flat.
    Cheaper too.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Victor, Get well wishes. Prayers. You're closer to going home, stay positive! :)
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    Options
    Good to hear.
    Hopefully the muchies aren’t bad with the steroids.
    My Dr says we could all take down a 7-11 by the end of treatments.
    The finish line is close for you I hope.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    I'm glad you are firmly on the road to recovery!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • halo
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I'm telling ya Vic....
    Jumper cables..... ;)
    Maybe a pinch of tannerite under that chair and swift kick to your posterior...
    You'll be running in no time flat.
    Cheaper too.

How much would it cost to fix a busted posterior?
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Victor, Get well wishes. Prayers. You're closer to going home, stay positive! :)

Thanks! Will do!
    dolbyd wrote: »
    Good to hear.
    Hopefully the muchies aren’t bad with the steroids.
    My Dr says we could all take down a 7-11 by the end of treatments.
    The finish line is close for you I hope.

I’m trying real hard to avoid that stuff! I’m snacking but it’s just on nuts and fruits. Got to try and keep my blood sugar down with the steroids.
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I'm glad you are firmly on the road to recovery!
    Not firmly yet but I’m feeling better. Thank you Cathy
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    How much would it cost to fix a busted posterior?
    You tell me just how I can take this yoga serious,
    When all it ever gives to me is a pain in my posterious.

One of the silliest Elvis movie songs ever: "Yoga Is As Yoga Does" from the film "Easy Come, Easy Go" (1967)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pro7XpRpU04
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    When you get home Victor, I recommend some "Vinyl Therapy" as it very therapeutic to the Soul!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Seems like you're over the hump and in a better place. Continued prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.
    Lived in STL for a few years, and found the medical community and care very good.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I’m trying real hard to avoid that stuff! I’m snacking but it’s just on nuts and fruits. Got to try and keep my blood sugar down with the steroids.

I like snacking on hummus with veggie sticks (celery/carrots) can add triscuits too

Good luck bro

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halo
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    When you get home Victor, I recommend some "Vinyl Therapy" as it very therapeutic to the Soul!
    Most definitely! Thanks!
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I like snacking on hummus with veggie sticks (celery/carrots) can add triscuits too

Good luck bro
    Thanks! Yes, it a “side order” on the menus for lunch and dinner. I’ve been doing a good job at keeping the blood sugar low (the nurses are impressed).
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Seems like you're over the hump and in a better place. Continued prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.
    Lived in STL for a few years, and found the medical community and care very good.
    The care I’m receiving is good. I am on the road to recovery. Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts! Everything helps :)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Glad you're doing better bubba.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • halo
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Glad you're doing better bubba.

Thanks Steve! Today was day 1 of inpatient PT & OT so they just did “practical” evaluations. Tomorrow the butt kicking begins!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    :#:#:#
    Good luck!

Hope you're home soon
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• halo
    Options
    :#:#:#
    Good luck!

Hope you're home soon

Thanks Ron!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Hey Victor.

Hope you're doing alright. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • halo
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Hey Victor.

Hope you're doing alright. ;)

Hi Tony!

Yes, doing well and making gains!

PT and OT are very good at the Rehabilitation Institute of Saint Louis. Therapists are getting me to look at things in different ways. My movements and my transfers are more efficient. Lots of little tips and tricks that I wasn’t aware of or using before. I guess that this exacerbation is turning out to be a good thing as they are also showing my wife the best ways she can assist me when I’m weak without harming herself or me.

After 18 years in a wheelchair, they’re even making improvements to that part of my life by tweaking and adjusting the chair for optimum mobility.

Thank you everyone for the support!!!!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Atta boy Victor!!
  • halo
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Atta boy Victor!!

Thanks Russ!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Great to hear Victor! So glad it’s helping.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Any eye candy? B)

• halo
    Options
    Any eye candy? B)
    Yes. My wife!

https://youtu.be/lvFDhXBrMaE
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    It's great to hear you are making progress Victor!!! :)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2