Vintage Polk Family Portrait.

CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,521
edited May 2018 in Vintage Speakers
This is also why i am not allowed to buy Dr1978s LSiM without selling something first. Now, they are not always in the same room like this. This was just staged for the photo. Wanted to do it before i sold any.

Anyone have more in a single pic.

Ignore the KEFs acting for a center stand. And the diy sub. :):)

hpryjvyevdm3.jpg
gz4x2yobycjt.jpg

Comments

• CH46E
    edited May 2018
    Challenge accepted! Lol

If have to take over the living room to do that. Man is she going to be pissed!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    CH46E wrote: »
    This is also why i am not allowed to buy Dr1978s LSiM without selling something first. Now, they are not always in the same room like this. This was just staged for the photo. Wanted to do it before i sold any.

Anyone have more in a single pic.

Ignore the KEFs acting for a center stand. And the diy sub. :):)

hpryjvyevdm3.jpg
    gz4x2yobycjt.jpg

Very nice! Let us know if your compelled to kick any of the "kids" out of the house! Dibs on the SRS2's ! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • CH46E
    They are for sale. $450. Have them in the classifieds right now. Just have to get them in FL.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I have more but it would take "Two Men and a Truck" to help me arrange them all for one picture. I'd have to arrange them on the 21 ft. wall and maybe use all 10 ft. height too. :p

My head started hurting just thinking about the task. :D:#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Do it Tony! Show her who's man of the house :p
  • CH46E
    I just moved the 11t back to the living room. I put my CRS back together. One was rewired for a center channel. Going to play with them tonight. Scalping the cross cable from the srs 2 to give the crs a try.
  • Tony M
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Do it Tony! Show her who's man of the house :p

That task would def. have to be done out there in the cottage. That's where the collection( :D ) is anyway. My house couldn't hold all the stereos and speakers + the furniture in here at the same time. Not even a small chance.

So anything I do out there is out of her sight for the most part. :)
  • Tony M
    I just moved the 11t back to the living room. I put my CRS back together. One was rewired for a center channel. Going to play with them tonight. Scalping the cross cable from the srs 2 to give the crs a try.

I LOVE how the CRS's sound!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    They are for sale. $450. Have them in the classifieds right now. Just have to get them in FL.

That is a smokin deal! Quite a road trip from Michigan! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • CH46E
    edited May 2018
    Tony M wrote: »

I LOVE how the CRS's sound!

Well ..... these CRS have been sitting here with only one rewired for a center for over year now. I have them up and running and have to say they may bump the RTA12B out of most used/ favorite spot. I very much like thier sound. Very open is the only way i can describe them so far. No need for the sub either.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • CH46E
    4yefya1sgs62.jpg
    Going to need better stands real soon. Im not letting the Belgium Malanois in the room at the moment.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    Doesn't having all the extra speakers in the room degrade the bass of the speakers that are playing? Especially when playing the CRS?
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • CH46E
    edited May 2018
    TennMan wrote: »
    Doesn't having all the extra speakers in the room degrade the bass of the speakers that are playing? Especially when playing the CRS?

Im sure it does, thats why i have them a bit close together, so that the radiator on the back, was for the most part pointed at the wall and not the front of the SRS2.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I suspect @FestYboy has you all beat.
  • Tony M
    DaveHo wrote: »

@FestYboy is 1/2 way there or maybe a little more.. :D:p
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    TennMan wrote: »

Im sure it does, thats why i have them a bit close together, so that the radiator on the back, was for the most part pointed at the wall and not the front of the SRS2.

I like the looks of those SRS2s. I've always wondered how they sound compared to my 2Bs. I don't have room for the SRS2s so I guess it better that I don't know. :)

• SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • FestYboy
    DaveHo wrote: »

@FestYboy is 1/2 way there or maybe a little more.. :D:p

Currently at 24± pair total plus subs/centers, only about a 8 aren't vintage Polk... Haven't started on the RT or S series yet.
  • Tony M
    That's quite the collection for sure and I believe you haven't been collecting for that long either.

When you say "8 aren't vintage Polks". Are you saying there are 8 pairs of modern Polks?

24+or- is A LOT! ;) I know! :D:pB)
  • FestYboy
    edited May 2018
    Other brands, including 2 pair of Sony APMs (like in my avatar), RTR model 2, BIC Venturi 6s, a set of Ohms, 2 large Technics, and a pair of realistics (white cones). Oh, and Infinity Entras, another cheap pair of Sonys, and a pair of white van towers. I should take a census of all the Polks, there's a bunch. From 4.6 through SDA 2...

Ok, fine!!! I'll list those too (to the best of my recollection).

Here we go (by size): mini monitors, 4.6, 5jr+ x2, 5 x4(.5?), CRS-SDA, RTiA 6, 7 x3.5, 9A, 10 x3.5, LF14, 11, RTA 11, RTA 11T x2, LS 5, RTA 12B, SDA 2, CS-50, CS-350, PSW 505 x4, and not yet arrived: RT15. I might be forgetting a pair.

Ok, I lied, I have a lot more than I thought...

Edit for model correction.
    Post edited by FestYboy on
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    @CH46E beautiful Polk family photo, waiting for the photos from @FestYboy and @Tony M. I would share my Polk family photo, but everyone has seen a single pair of LSi25s before.
    I need to step up my game. :wink:
  • CH46E
    The only other Polks ive had in the past was a pair of RT55i. At least i think that was the model. Dual 6.5 bookshelfs.

Fyi, everything in that photo is for sale except the RTA12B and the RM7500. Need to make some room.

Also have a Parasound 2250 v2 in the classifieds.
  • FestYboy
    Micah, did you see my list... A family portrait of that size is most unlikely any time soon. The biggest reason is most of the speakers listed are unknown to the better half and I want to keep it that way ;)
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Holy smoke, I thought I had the sickness, you guys are the Boss!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    The man with the most speakers WINS! :D

WINS what, I don't know yet. I'm still competing for the unknown prize. :#:D
  • CH46E

You trying to get us killed? We are going to be a lifetime movie special. "Polk Widowed"...

I was just asked a question about my blade blade srs2. Are they compatible with Al1 Dreadnaught? Anyone know. The questions was asked in the classified.
  • FestYboy
    And answered there as well. AI-1 requires pin-blade speakers.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    Lol...

Maybe an hour show on Dr. Phil..
    POLK Audio Speaker collecting is our reason for being DIVORCED club. :/

SF Cal.. There should also be a study as to why there are soooo many selling their materialistic audio gear and speakers around that City.

Just yesterday, my wife went into the cottage to look for a wind chime wind catcher paddle that hangs below a wind chime. I didn't get around to fixing one and the paddle got lost. She was in there for a few minutes and I went in to see what she was doing.

I look at her looking around the room...and she asks: "Did you get more stuff?"

Not anything that I didn't already tell you about. ;):#

She said I need to downsize BAD! "It's ridiculous," she said.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Micah, did you see my list... A family portrait of that size is most unlikely any time soon. The biggest reason is most of the speakers listed are unknown to the better half and I want to keep it that way ;)

I would too, I don’t blame you. :tongue:

The man with the biggest collections wins the ability to take first dibs on anything in the daily deals thread, with no expiration date. You get 3 opportunities, and if it takes you longer than 24 hours to reply and claim your prize, you lose it. You have to say “I don’t want it” for anyone else to be allowed to take it unless it I still after 24 hours. :wink::tongue:
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    I was watching Craigs list off and on and last night I see this person listing those Rotel items and I kind-of saw his ads minutes after they were posted . So I had a good shot at being the first to respond but I thought the prices were high on a lot of the pieces and speakers too. They are selling a pr. of Pinnacle BIG BOYs. Man I'd like to have them but they want like 750.00. I can buy a set of Infinity or Polk Big boys for similar or a little more of course.

I'm glad I asked this forum for advice on the big Rotel AMP.

As far as first dibs in deals of the day thread, I think we ought to allow somebody else get a chance to come where we have already been. I'm about out of space since I bought that Church's sound system. Man are they, BIG speakers! Look at this ONE sub again on a dolly and then on top of another;
    mnjvjx79zqot.jpg
    o6dzr1iz23vo.jpg

and the upper 15" full range speakers; These 6 uppers also have horn tweeters. ;)
    sktg812w6slg.jpg
    and then 12" upper full rangers to finish the set;
    ttnjfcfuj52y.jpg

I really need to get this set-up in the back room somehow! :p

I think I WON something when this set was put into my hands for 100.00. o:)