How do non-members get email?

Options
steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,522
I had a guy contact me about my cables, but he's not a member of the forum, how did he get my email address when I only allow members access to it?
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Even when I'm not signed in, I can see your email address listed on your profile page:

[Picture redacted]
  • steveinaz
    Options
    That's strange, on my settings I have "only members" can view my email.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Clipdat
    Options
    The setting is called "Allow other members to see your email?" which seems to imply that if you enable it, then both members and non members will be able to see your email address.

Yay Vanilla?
    steveinaz wrote: »
    That's strange, on my settings I have "only members" can view my email.

• steveinaz
    Options
    Yep, that's the one. You used to be able to specify members only--and I assumed that setting did so. So "everybody" see's your email, or nobody.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Yep. Lame!
    Yep, that's the one. You used to be able to specify members only--and I assumed that setting did so. So "everybody" see's your email, or nobody.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,311
    Options
    It'll cost you $500 for me to remove it Steve. I hacked your Polk membership and sold your email on the black web.

I hope you don't mind me doing this.

If you do not pay up, I'll send TonyB after you. Be worried. Be very worried.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Hey now Tom, don't be draggin' me into your extortion schemes. Unless your giving me a cut that is. ;)

Chalk up another one for Vanilla.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    Options
    it's all good. I'm kind of famous, so I get a little nervous when my email is out there.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Famous for what.....chewin' coffee and Marlboro's ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Famous for what.....chewin' coffee and Marlboro's ? :)

Only the toes knows
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Who the hell can afford Marlboros?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Who the hell can afford Marlboros?

I quit buying Marlboros when the price got to 14.00 a carton. The cost and mainly for my health, I was able to quit. I saved money in an envelope. 14.00 a week. At Christmas time, I went out and bought a bunch of woodworking tools. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.