Octane Theater Seats!!!

Options
Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
edited May 2018 in The Clubhouse
So right after Christmas we went to the Octane Theater Seat store here in town, and ordered a really cool/nice set of theater chairs with all the bells and whistles, well it was going to take about 12 weeks for delivery, no big deal since I was headed into remodeling the basement, well it took almost 16 weeks, still no big deal since I wasn’t ready for them.

Well they got here about two weeks ago, I just had them put in the garage, well I decided to open one of the boxes and kinda check out one of the chairs, and the material, well after taking the box knife and carefully opening the box I set the knife on one of the other boxes, as I was looking into the box, I turned around to see Courtney opening one of the other boxes, and guess what? I didn’t even have to open the box, I was like, Courtney NOOO!!! She and the wife were looking at me going WHAT??? I told them both “SHE CUT THE CHAIR!!! my wife looks at me and goes “no way”, I said, I don’t even have to open the box, and sure enough, I was right...

I was like 16 weeks, and not even out of the box, I will admit it took me about an hour or so to calm down..

Well on a good note, my warranty covered it, and they came out today and fixed it, looks good as new, carpet is to be installed tomorrow morning, and I can start putting the basement back together. Also the new windows for the basement will be installed next Thursday the 17th..

Thursday the 17th will be exactly one year that Courtney received her new Heart... hard to believe it’s been a full year.. She goes in on Monday for a full test, I don’t foresee anything going wrong, she is doing so good, and I will take a cut chair over us being in the hospital any day of the week..

Okay, end of my little story...

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, after constantly telling my daughter to stay away, she proceeds to destroy the tweeter in my $13k Volterra....

Ouch!!! Them covering it under warranty made me feel better!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Personally, she could wreck my tube amps and my Ferrari 250GT Lusso (if I had one) after all she has been through. I am still humbled by her bravery and resilience.

God Bless her and keep her strong.

Any chance of an updated pick of her, and your stupid chairs? :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I will admit it took me about an hour or so to calm down..
    She was testing your heart. You passed... barely! ;)
    Your room sounds great. I'm sure you'll all get a lot of enjoyment out of it!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Where are the pictures of said room?!

Lies....all lies....

You made the first mistake in husband-ry. Never let females anywhere near tools. Especially sharp ones.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Pix or it didn’t happen. I am very glad for your family after all you all have been through. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Did the boxes say do not open with a knife you know that picture of a box cutter with a red circle around it and a red line down the middle conveniently stamped on the box next to the tape line? If it did your just as guilty even though you did not cut yours. A picture of the chairs and a group hug seems fitting shame on you. :|

My Grandson when he was little was driving his toy cars on my daughters new leather couch when I was babysitting, tore a big gash right down the middle of one of the seats I took the blame, Furniture row sent someone out and they fixed it free of charge it was a week old, and after the repair was done it was not even noticable.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    For the chair thing, glad they fixed it.

For the 1 year heart thing, HELL Yea!!!! GREAT NEWS.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Wow glad it all worked out Larry.
    Also very glad to hear Courtney is doing so well. Here's to another 50+ yrs of doing excellent
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The girl can do no wrong, ya know that Larry. Very happy to see she's doing so well. We'll all raise a glass tonight for many more years of trouble free health, for all of ya.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Where are the pictures of said room?!

Lies....all lies....

You made the first mistake in husband-ry. Never let females anywhere near tools. Especially sharp ones.

Ah yes.... the Lorena Bobitt paradox. Not a smart move ar all.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Awesome about the 1 year anniversary. Keep it up young lady!

2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    This thread requires pictures to be relevant. I expect to see lots of exquisite metalwork.

• Toolfan66
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I still have a lot to do, new windows will be Thursday..

I’m just glad the carpet is in, and the chairs are down here..
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Man that's a lotta f'ing work
    Looks cool B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I like the Vikings color on the wall, now you need some gold and white touches and you are good to go.

• txcoastal1
    Options
    I like the Vikings color on the wall, now you need some gold and white touches and you are good to go.

White trim :)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Nice throne Larry, Kohler?
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Nice throne Larry, Kohler?

At least PFB is not on it with his iPad

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    I'll bet the carpet installer had a real good time. Nicely done.
  • txcoastal1
    Options

Oh my John, I don't think Larry will ever go here.....Have you seen the new helmut :o

OH SKOL, NO.... :'(

h0f9esj7dee8.jpg

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    Options
    beautiful theater.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Man that's a lotta f'ing work
    Looks cool B)

4 Months so far, I probably taken 5 evenings off after work... The wife is getting tired of all the stuff being stored upstairs where the dining room should be but loves how it’s coming along...
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Oh my John, I don't think Larry will ever go here.....Have you seen the new helmut :o

OH SKOL, NO.... :'(

h0f9esj7dee8.jpg

I have been getting rid of anything gold, brass, copper looking out of the house, I’m in a brushed nickel, stainless faze...

That helmet is ugly...
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    I could see a nice stainless Prince Symbol hanging on one of the purple walls...
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I could see a nice stainless Prince Symbol hanging on one of the purple walls...
    I was thinking more of a shrine to Bud Grant, Fran Tarkenton, Alan Paige, and Carl Eller....

Skol!

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    When I see purple, I think;
    yi83v9869vsr.png

Or this;
    3m39o03bsxqc.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.