Help Me Spend My $$$

Options
2»

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Did Dave TL them? Either way congratulations!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Did Dave TL them? Either way congratulations!

I didn't for the time being.i spent as much as I could on the crossovers that I did t have enough to get some 198s. In the future I'll take em back out and get that done.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    I didn't

Don't sweat it. They will sound superb with the 194's
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Update* I might be around a cool 100 hours of burn in or so. Moved the rig from the living room to my small listening room to get it away from the animals. It sounded great but I had weak and recessed center imaging which bothered me considering my main focus is vocals. I have a big solid entertainment center between the speakers so I pulled the SDAs out from the wall so the front baffle is out past the furniture.

Holy center image Batman! It sounds absolutely fantastic, I can say I smiled listening to music last night for the first time since I got the crossovers back. Plan on getting some RD0s here in June when they have stock again...although there is a Parasound HCA 1500A locally for $350. Hopefully it is still there when I get paid next Friday so I can snatch it up at that good price.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member