Blacking out LEDs

Options
mdaudioguy
mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
I want total darkness below my TV. Displays are turned off, but I'm left with 3 blue LEDs on my amp and a white LED on the Roku, and I swear I look at them at least twice a minute while watching anything. Anybody else this obsessive? How do YOU cover/block them?

Comments

• mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 477
    Options
    Black electrical tape
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100 | 150” Elite Screen Acoustic Pro UHD
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    Dan told me, but I can't remember what they are called. @EndersShadow
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

Yup. They come in preconfigured sizes, or a cut our own size pack. Pick your poison. Layer them if one isnt enough.

*Edit* Mine were not 100% light blocking but like a very high tint so you could still see some of the LED just not nearly as bright. Then you layered them if needed to block out MORE.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    Yeah, LightDims.
    They come in a few different darkening strengths and a couple of different colors, last I ordered - black or silver. Like Dan said, pre-cut in different sizes, and you can layer them on.

There's also a full sheet available if you wanted to custom cut a piece for something larger than an LED, say a car stereo face, or an alarm clock with no dimmer. I think there's a discount for combo packs.

I've found that placing them with tweezers is more accurate than fingers. If you're OCD, go straight for the tweezers.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    I can't decide if I like my LEDs or hate them. I'm day to day.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Some devices you can turn these off in the GUI... :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I want total darkness below my TV. Displays are turned off, but I'm left with 3 blue LEDs on my amp and a white LED on the Roku, and I swear I look at them at least twice a minute while watching anything. Anybody else this obsessive? How do YOU cover/block them?

Ed, my black dot mod is just what you need and I've got plenty of extras. The great thing about them is you can remove them down the road and they won't leave any residue.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

One has got to love the 21st Century. Imagine, e.g., the Ingalls family, out on the prairie --- or MacGyver -- buyin' such things.

To quote Dr. Zachary Smith:
    We're doomed!

;)

(sorry for the predictably curmudgeonly thread hijack!)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Ed, my black dot mod is just what you need and I've got plenty of extras. The great thing about them is you can remove them down the road and they won't leave any residue.

Link?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    Forgot to mention in my other post, LightDims has a blackout version, as well.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Link?

What??? You're not familiar with the BDM?? Allow me to enlighten you! ;)
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/174247/the-black-dot-mod/p1
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Some devices you can turn these off in the GUI... :/

Yeah, that would be preferred.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    t6ht9vm9bgi3.jpeg