SoundBar 6000 subwoofer problem

Hi, I have a 3 years old 6000 soundbar, use it like 10 times, Now that i need to use it, the subwoofer stop working after few seconds.
Green light on the sub work fine then go away, no more light.
Sometimes after 10 seconds, sometimes after 1 minutes, never same time.
I tried to re-sync it, no chance.
I was sure it was the AC plug on the sub, so i bypass it, no chance.
Any idea?
Power supply or wifi transmitter????

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    If the green light turns off, I would assume it is the power supply because it wouldn’t turn off if it disconnected. I think you have a failing transformer, but once again I don’t know. I think Polk sold a lot of these sound bars so with a quick google search you could find your answer.
  • the2000r
    the2000r Posts: 8
    Hi search many place without finding that problem, many have the sync problem but the light shut off i didnt see that anywhere... :(
  • mlistens03
    Hmm... I would call the Polk customer service and see what they think. They helped me fix several things on my LSi speakers, and I’m sure that they can help you. I’ll come back with their number in a minute.
  • mlistens03
    Their number is 1.800.377.7765. I think they open at 8, so you should be able to call now, unless I’m wrong.
  • the2000r
    As im from Canada Polk Refer me to MorganTech in Ontario, im waiting at their response.... but they only do warranty job...hope they can sale parts..
  • mlistens03
    good luck with your repair! If you need more help, just ask :smile:
  • the2000r
    ANSWER :neutral:
    Hi, Danny

SB6000IHT soundbar system is discontinued item, no longer available.
    So, it is not repairable.

Best regards,

Sam Lee
    Morgan Technology
  • mlistens03
    Hm... that’s what I was worried about. Unless you have experience in fixing electronics, there is probably not much you can do. It does connect with a wireless RCA connector that plugs into the back of the soundbar, right? If so, you could remove that connector and buy a regular wired sub.
    Sorry.
  • the2000r
    The SB is connected with the optical wire on the tv, and the sub is wireless....
    Ill try to find a way to repair it...maybe its the powersupply, hope sa..
  • the2000r
    Well after all i've try, they told me everywhere that parts are not available for repair. :/
    Last time ill buy Polk Audio. 650$ in the garbage. What a bad customer service.
  • mlistens03
    edited May 2018
    The only reason the parts aren’t available for repair is because the soundbar is discontinued, and that is gonna happen with every company you go to. That’s not their fault. It’s not yours either, but they legitimately don’t have the parts to fix it. I am sorry that your sound bar doesn’t work, did you look inside? Maybe it’s something as simple as a bad cap or resistor.
  • the2000r
    Yes i tried to look inside.... Normaly in Canada company that sale any electronics product should carry parts for 5 years (OPC LAW). I bought the unit in 2015 as the warranty said. So they should have parts until 2020.
    As for all discontinued product for all company, its false. I have an Onkyo discontinued product of 15 years, i've send it to Onkyo and they repair it for only parts price + shipping.
    I dont believe that a big company like polk dont have those parts as they are probably in other model. Its just a very bad customers service.
    When you take care of your customers you help them. I dont ask for a free replacement...i just don't want to put a 650$ 3 years old sound bar in the garbage.
    Anyway...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Let me contact a friend at Polk in Canada and ask that he contact you. Maybe there's a way they can help.
  • mlistens03
    Is it still under warranty? If it’s not under warranty I don’t believe they would still make parts as it’s an American company. Also, don’t forget that you didn’t talk with Polk’s actual customer service, you talked with MorganTech.
    I think you tried emailing the customer service right?if not, try emailing them. I’m not sure what their email is, but make sure that your email goes through to the American Customer service and not this MorganTech.
    I don’t believe that Polk actually reuses parts in any of their models, aside from in the individual lines.
    @KennethSwauger, can you help?
  • the2000r
    Yes i contacted polk with email. They refer me to morgantech. MorganTech was NO help, they said, its not warranty, we can't help you.
    :(
    If anyone can help, would be great.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    I believe Walter Moser, Polk's Canadian manager is going to contact you via email.