Anyone identify this tree or Bush?

Options
It is about six foot tall. Rescued it from destruction at a house that was getting bulldozed Peace. D1oh5ubikzyz1.jpeg
27vp0zkria0w.jpeg
c1jvf1a820ae.jpeg
tde5cbzo3f6u.jpeg
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    This one rescued me.1zvdfcitrgke.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It appears to be in a bucket, did you get it that way? Is it dead or will it bud out with flowers, it looks like it might come in handy as a Halloween bush. Your yard looks like my back yard after a midwest winter how many dogs do you have? Speaking of budding out that's crazy @ Krazypolk :o
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    DOC?

it is not a Bradford Pear tree!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    We have one in our yard. I’ll ask my wife what it’s called. Want to say something like jacob’s walking stick, but I think I’m way off, LOl!!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Contorted Filbert.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    lol Al - close!
    Harry Lauder's Walking Stick
    Used to be Jacob's but Harry jumped him, took it, and whacked Jacob with it, and now it's Harry's.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    edited April 2018
    Options
    6ft! That's pretty cool. Probably pretty impressive in real life. (I know know I'm gonna regret this) How thick is the trunk?

Back to Steve's question, yeah, I wonder if it's still alive. If it is, should be budding by this time of year I'd think?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Thank you daddyjt. That’s it. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    No problem - 20 years at Lowe’s will do that to ya :wink:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    That's it Scott! I knew it was someone's walking stick. I have also heard it called a Contorted Filbert as daddyjt mentioned.

It's a COOL tree! Actually looks better in the winter without any foliage - the leaves are pathetic looking, but the Japanese Beetles love them...
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    You should paint snake eyes all over it! That would be wicked scary
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited May 2018
    Options
    That’s a cool tree, I thought it was some kind of bonsai something.
    Maybe I should get one of those, it already has that look to it, and then I won’t have to trim it once a week to keep it all... bonsai-ee.