Just when I think I've seen it all...

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,784
As seen on AK....

yhnujiik4rz8.jpg
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,090
    edited April 2018
    Did you build those Jesse? The workmanship is impressive. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,013
    For the love of God...What's gotten into some people! :s

Those speaker spikes are hanging on the edges! :o
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    edited April 2018
    Let me guess; the owner saved them from a dumpster and with this mod he now believes they're the best sounding speakers ever known to man. Woops; almost forgot to add; he's also using a 70's Pioneer receiver that also came from a dumpster that is pure magic now that the controls have been "deoxited" lol
    Post edited by motorstereo on
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    I know, the light finish on that stand doesn't go well with that darker speaker at all.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    This guy is obviously going to have the best sound around :tongue:
    In a week his listing will be edited, “these speakers sound sooo amazing. One of them has a shattered cabinet and is sitting on the floor, but it doesn’t affect the sound. :tongue:
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,022
    Well -- the only funny thing is that it's not a Pioneer HPM-100 or a Radio Shack Mach One.

:|
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2018
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I know, the light finish on that stand doesn't go well with that darker speaker at all.

I knew I liked you.
    Now I just have to clean the g#D!M$D splattered coffee off my laptop screen.

:#

PS That photo @F1nut posted is avatar-grade content if I ever saw it...

yhnujiik4rz8.jpg

An intriguing application of the transitive property of spiking. Or is it the associative property? Commutative?
  • mhardy6647
    PS That photo is avatar grade content if I ever saw it...
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,754
    edited April 2018
    Why go through the trouble to end up not having discs protecting the tile?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    About as sharp as a bowling ball that dude is. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    tonyb wrote: »
    About as sharp as a bowling ball that dude is. :)

Bowling balls are really good for decoupling, I believe.
    That AR, resting on four bowling balls might just be jaw-dropping.

Duck pin balls* may be required, depending upon the footprint of the loudspeaker.

Doc, everything up your way must be starting to blossom. All that pollen is getting to you man. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    Are those Larry's Spikes?
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    No pollen, man -- it was snowin' this morning.
    Wednesday it is supposed to be eighty degrees.

Thus New England.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Thus New England.

At least it won't be snowing in May. :D
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    krazypolk wrote: »

Thus New England.

At least it won't be snowing in May. :D

You a weatherman? B)
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    edited April 2018
    AR-18B's? If so, not a bad little speaker. But looks like pre-development of pre-frontal cortex application of the cumulative properties of spiking going on here. :# Guys like this should be compelled to spend their remaining days in a pain amplifier. On a side note, there are actually debates currently ongoing concerning whether individuals like this Einstein could EVER be criminally culpable. If you don't have a brain, can you form a mens rea?
  • Tony M
    The stand is a STEP STOOL.... :D:s
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Tony M wrote: »
    The stand is a STEP STOOL.... :D:s

Yes, but one WITH spikes. So there's that, which is nice.
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2018
    dromunds wrote: »
    AR-18B's? If so, not a bad little speaker. But looks like pre-development of pre-frontal cortex application of the cumulative properties of spiking going on here. :# Guys like this should be compelled to spend their remaining days in a pain amplifier. On a side note, there are actually debates currently ongoing concerning whether individuals like this Einstein could EVER be criminally culpable. If you don't have a brain, can you form a mens rea?

The unsuffixed AR-18, at least, was (IMO, IME, YMMV, blah, blah, blah) a fine little loudspeaker. Not sure what the titular AR is, but the cabinet looks older (real veneer), from the early Teledyne era. I once had a single, very early AR-14 (with Peerless silk dome tweeter!) with similar cabinet cosmetics.

Full disclosure: I haven't seen the original AK thread (believe it or not), so I don't know what model AR it really is.
  • F1nut
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

He is going to stain the foot stools to somewhat match the speakers. Of course, that will magically turned them into proper stands.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited April 2018

The unsuffixed AR-18, at least, was (IMO, IME, YMMV, blah, blah, blah) a fine little loudspeaker. Not sure what the titular AR is, but the cabinet looks older (real veneer), from the early Teledyne era. I once had a single, very early AR-14 (with Peerless silk dome tweeter!) with similar cabinet cosmetics.

Full disclosure: I haven't seen the original AK thread (believe it or not), so I don't know what model AR it really is.

They are AR 58's.

President of Club Polk

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    "You've got to do with what you got, it doesn't matter what you've not". Maybe this phrase is applicable?...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    He should have put the spikes on the step stool on the top so the spikes were point to point. That would have been REALLY cool!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    I bet they even have spikes on their toilet seat.
  • mhardy6647
    F1nut wrote: »

They are AR 58's.

Huh! I would've guessed they were older/earlier models.
    Not sure I've ever heard the AR-58s, in fact.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Apparently only the AR-58 of that series had real wood veneer, I thought some of the AR-18's did as well, but it seems the AR18 thru AR48 had veneer. Early 80's. The AR-58 seems to have shared the same drivers as the AR-91.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    g2jlmuwmf7l8.jpg

Don't judge me....
  • Tony M
    At least your not double spiked. ;)

And it's a solid, wide and deep platform for your stands. :)

Don't those stands telescope up some more?