Introducing: Focal Kanta 2

Finally I got them up... upstairs you dirty people.

Welcome home!
54m1za9yphy4.jpeg

mzc2mvm9si78.jpeg
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I think I need the grills on... lol
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Perfect for the boys room, if they survive. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    They’re going rock climbing, grills or not.
  • Joey_V
    I broke down... grills on

3t7jxxtmqpg3.jpeg

I don’t trust the one in the dinosaur sweater....
  • Joey_V
    DSkip wrote: »
    My god she got big!!!

She’s the best!
  • Joey_V
    Pink and blue... perfect combo methinks.

:)

4ddhpbhmldj7.jpeg

That’s a 70” art piece... looks stellar with the blue adjacent to it.
  • alucididea
    alucididea Posts: 113
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Finally I got them up... upstairs you dirty people.

Welcome home!
    54m1za9yphy4.jpeg

mzc2mvm9si78.jpeg
    What do you have powering this beauties?
  • nooshinjohn
    Looks like your daughter is taking daddy’s speaker defense classes pretty seriously.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    I need to upgrade the power but I need approval from the CEO

Would love some parasound here or Atleast the biggest Rotel.

Skip has a BoX by mastersound he wants me to hear so that’s a possibility too
  • Joey_V
    Looks like your daughter is taking daddy’s speaker defense classes pretty seriously.

Yeah buddy, she grapples and tackles
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    Very cool!
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I'm good at that. Just ask @EndersShadow.
  • alucididea
    alucididea Posts: 113

I’ve been digging the NAD M22 after it finally started to open up. Just a suggestion... ;-)
  • nooshinjohn

They need a set of my tube amps.

• Joey_V

I believe you have carver John

I cannot do that in the gameroom, it’s too much liability
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Focal and tubes is sweeeeet, I wouldn’t do it any other way.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    Hey Mikey

I finally joined the brotherhood
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    So you went with "gauloise blue"!
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Woo hoo man! Haven’t heard this line. Which previous line of focal would you compare this to?

No kidding @DSkip . Last time I saw his daughter, was still in a stroller. Growing fast! You feeding some version of miracle grow? Haha

Congrats man would love to hear these.

Halen
  • nooshinjohn

I can build you a pair...

• Joey_V
    Clipdat wrote: »
    So you went with "gauloise blue"!

Not sure what gauloise is exactly but I heard it’s a special French blue
  • Joey_V

Ur funny John... think of the burned fingers
  • halen

Of balls? Haha. Kidding

I don’t think tubes and children's playroom is a good idea. I would recommend solid state.
  • Clipdat
    It looks like you already have a Rotel pre and amp in the cabinet powering them? How are they sounding?
  • Clipdat
    Better #1 than #2.
    So after we unpacked the focals and I brought the boxes downstairs, I bathed Henry and Emma.

I proceed to remove Henry from the tub in a towel... I felt warmth come all over me... hmmm

Urine.

Thank you.

• nooshinjohn
    halen wrote: »

I don’t think tubes and children's playroom is a good idea. I would recommend solid state.

They only touch them once. It's amazing how fast they learn. :p;)

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I felt warmth come all over me... hmmm

Urine.

I hear the Russians have video proof held hostage.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • halen
    Haha. He marked you! Still good you did not have to leave immediately.

I normally go home for lunch to hug and kiss my baby daughter. A little over a two years ago I was in this huge meeting with the big guys. I decided to drive home to see the daughter really quick and leave. Change her diapers. She did more than just add warmth. I had no time to change pants and had to leave immediately.

Went back into the meeting with these board members... after 10 minutes they said, do you smell something? I was like. Uh no??? Lol